Chapter 33-Surprise visit.

"How is she?" Lyric's voice broke through my foggy barrier and pounding head ache as I laid in the comfort of my own bed.

"She's..." Cassie paused and let out a little sigh. "Honestly, Lyric I have no idea how she is. She won't talk to us about anything. The past few days has been consisted of sad looks and a few break downs, The one last night was the worst. After the fight she just completely broke to the point that she passed out. I don't know what is going on." Her voice strained at the end and my heart pained at how choked up she sounded.

"She's been the same over the phone too. Kinda distant and doesn't really seem like she is fully with us. It's starting to worry me but she won't talk to me." He said and I felt tears spring in my eyes. "Not the way she use to at least..." He trailed off sadly.

"I think..." Cassie cut off as soon as I shifted and I could feel their eyes on me as I moved my arm. "I think that it has something to do with that Shane guy." She added and my whole body tensed.

"Why do you say that?" Lyric asked, voice tight sounding, and full with tension.

"Because when we all went out for coffee he was there singing and was talking about this amazing girl that was his best friend. How they were so in love and all that. And the minuet they locked eyes her whole mask she put up to block us out broke. You could read every emotion on her face and it was mixture of love and pain and guilt." She said and I bit my lip hard at the last word, knowing there was no way of hiding the guilt from other people.

"And you also told me she was fighting that Cecilia girl at the bar and she's curly's girl." He let out a groan and I could picture him pulling at his hair. "Ever since he showed back up everything started to slowly fall apart. I feel like...god...I feel like I'm losing her, Cass. And I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her. She...means so fucking much to me that it hurts just to think about her saying goodbye." His voice cracked at the end and the soft sound of his sobs followed afterwords.

My heart felt as if needles were being stabbed into it and my eyes burned with tears. I wanted to get up and hug him, reassure him everything was okay, and I wasn't going anywhere. But I couldn't move and my mouth felt dry. It was like something was pinning me in the bed and covering my mouth.

"Hey, she loves you alright?" Cassie cooed and I knew she was holding him...like I should be. "She is just confused. It's hard to love two people at the same time and I know it is a shitty thing to say but she does love him." She paused once a choked sobbed fell from his mouth. "But she loves you too. You can tell by the way she looks at you, L. You aren't going to lose her." She pressed and his sobs soon turned into soft whimpers, that turned into shaky breaths, which turned to nothingness.

"Thanks Cassie." He sniffled but I could hear the small smile forming on his lips. "And thank you for taking care of her while I was gone. I know I should have been the one doing it." He paused letting out a little sigh. "But I'm not leaving her again. We need each other right now."

"I'm glad to hear you say that." She chuckled and I heard the door open. "I'm going to make you guys some food and then I'm gonna head out. Rob is probably dying of starvation by now." She said and Lyric gave an airy laugh.

"Alright, babe! Tell him I said hi and thank you again." The door clicked shut and the sound of feet shuffling across the floor followed shortly after. The bed dipped behind me and soon Lyric's arm encased my waist, pulling my back into his chest. I felt him sigh contently into my neck before pressing a light kiss on the back of it. "I miss you, doll. Come back to me." He whispered and all the tears I was holding in flooded out within seconds.

I let out a room shaking sob, hands gripping at his arm, and face burying into the pillow to muffle my sobs. Lyric's arm tighten around me and he pulled me closer into him. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I sobbed, flipping over and hiding my face in his chest, arms pulling him tighter to me. "I'm so sorry."