Chapter 41-Losing him.

I stared down at my lap as Lyric stormed away from. I touched my tingling lips, already missing the feeling of his, and grew angry at the fact that he just kissed me and walked away like it was nothing.

Then it hit me. I do the same exact thing to Shane and I even did it to him a few times. I let out a bitter chuckle and laid down on my back, staring up at the star filled sky. "So this is what it feels like to be under someone's spell." I sighed, tucking my hands under my head.

And for once in my life I finally truly understood what I have been doing to these guys. The door slid open and I turned my head, seeing Rain walk over towards me with the bottle of scotch. "Seems like we both need a drink." He said sitting down next to me.

I leaned up on my elbows, holding my cups towards him, and giving a small smile once he filled it to the top. I took a huge gulp and sighed in contentment as it burned going down my throat. "How mad is he?" I asked, clearing my now dry throat, before taking another drink.

Rain shook his head in a sad chuckle, staring down at his drink. "I don't even think he is mad." He told me, raising the cup to his mouth, but stopped right at the moment he was going to touch it to his lips. "He's just...broken." He shrugged and chugged down the whole cup.

I watched with sad eyes, my mind filling with thoughts of what Lyric might be doing in that room of his, and worry shooting through me. "Lyric's on drugs." I blurted out and Rain gave a loud cough, choking on his drink.

"What!?" He spluttered, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, staring at me in shock.

"He's on drugs. It's kinda been a on and off thing for a few years now. He stopped for a while but I guess when we broke up he started up again." I rushed out, not being up to stop it from coming out. "That's why he has been carrying around the box. It holds all his coke."

"You've got to be shittin' me?" He groaned, running his hands over his face. "This whole time he has been carry around drugs...god damn it!" He cursed, pushing himself off the ground.

"Where are you going?" I asked, now fully sitting up.

"Gonna go make sure the dumb ass isn't killing himself." He snapped, storming over to the door. I rushed after him, stumbling over my own feet, and eyes a bit fuzzy from the drink.

"Rain! Wait!" I called out, catching him by his arm, before he could get to the hallway. His head snapped towards me. Face filled with anger. "You can't just go in there raging hell. He's never going to listen if you are like that." I told him but his cold stare never flatten.

"What's going on?" Brandie asked, coming out of the bathroom in her bathing suit. I glanced pass Rain at her and sighed.

"Lyric's doing drugs." Rain said through gritted teeth, never tearing his eyes away from. "And Ella knew all along but didn't tell anybody." He added and my face fell.

"I was trying to let him deal with it on his own! Let him be the decider of what happens to his life!" I retorted, letting go of his arm.

"What if he overdoses!? Huh?!" Rain barked and I took a step back in shock. "You ever thought about that!? That maybe one night he takes to much because ...I don't know...because maybe he's trying to not think about you and then boom three days later we're at another fucking funeral!" He shouted and tears filled my eyes.

"Rain...calm down." Brandie said, placing her hand on his shoulder, but he quickly shoved her off.

"I have had to deal with too many deaths in my life! Okay? I've lost my grandma, my best friend, my little brother, Rachel, almost my own, and the list goes on!" He yelled, tears filling his eyes. I flinched at the sound of Rachel's name, tears falling from eyes. "And I refuse to let Lyric be another death I have to deal with!"