Chapter 7- Life with Shane Mills.

*Shane's P.O.V*

"Thanks for having coffee with me, El." I smiled as we both walked out into the cold air. Ella gave a smile back and her cheeks became flushed and I couldn't tell if it was because of the cold or something else.

"No problem. It was a lot of fun. We should do it again another time. Maybe you can stop by the studio and hang out with us for a little bit." She suggested cocking her head to the side with a smile like she use to do when we were kids. My heart fluttered at her little action and I nodded trying to make myself get rid of the feelings.

"I would like that." I nodded and she gave a happy giggle before pulling me into a hug. My arms automatically wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer, resting my head on top of hers. She wrapped her arms around my torso and snuggled into my chest, letting out a little sigh. A warm feeling filled my stomach and I could tell what was happening. "I'll see you latter, Ella." I whispered and pulled away from her reluctantly.

She looked at me sadly and nodded shoving her handing in her coat pocket. "Yeah." She said back softly before turning around and walking a way.

Say something man. She looks sad. "Hey Ella!" I called out and she turned around with a sad look. "How about we hang out tomorrow? Lauren and I are performing at open mic night down at Lucy's. You can bring Lyric and other friends." I suggested and her face lit up at my words, making that warm feeling come back.

"Alright. Text me the time and we'll be there." She smiled before turning around looking happier than before.

I grinned and turned around, rushing off towards my home.

                                                                     ***

"I don't want a lot for Christmas! There is just one thing I need! I don't care about the presents! Underneath the Christmas tree! I just want you for my own! More than you could ever know! Make my wish come true! All I want for Christmas is you, yeah!" I belted once I kicked the door open to our apartment. Lauren jumped in her seat at the table and turned around to look at me with surprised eyes.

"What the heck man?" Lauren exclaimed standing from the chair and glaring at me. I smiled and rushed over to her, grabbing her hands, and spinning her around, still singing the song. She laughed once I pulled towards her me and danced us around the table. "What got you all happy?" She giggled as I picked her up and spun around.

"Life got me happy." I grinned at her once I put her down. She raised an eyebrow at me before making a 'Oh' shape with her mouth, nodding. "What?"

"You saw Ella today didn't you?" She asked and I smiled nodding my head. "Shane." She groaned.

"What?" I laughed flipping backwards on to the couch.

"She is engaged." Lauren said quickly and I raised an eyebrow at her. "And I've known you long enough to tell when you really start to like someone and that is exactly what is happening now." She added and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't like her. She is just a old friend." I lied and I could tell that she knew I was. "And I know she is engaged. I use to hate the guy she is with." I added suddenly losing my happiness at the thought of them together.

"Then maybe you should distance yourself from her for a little bit and try to get rid of the feelings coming back. I don't want to see you get hurt." She suggested taking a seat next to me. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I'm not going to get hurt. We both know that we aren't able to be together now and we are just going to stay as friends." I assured her and tried to do the same with myself. "And besides I just got my best friend back. and I'm not going to do anything stupid to lose her again." I added and she let out a little sigh before nodding.