Chapter 32: Shattered Mugs and Lingerie

Song of the chapter: Move Along by All American Rejects

***Dedicated to LEONEA BECAUSE ITS HIS BIRTHDAY

It's been two days since my date with Mason and Chrissy is being bitchier (is that a word?) than ever. Just telling her breakfast is ready I get a snappy response. So when Adriana called me up this morning asking to hang out with the rest of the guys and Jo Jo, I decided not to invite her along.

After getting ready and prepping breakfast, I scroll through Tumblr waiting for everyone's arrival at noon. A couple minutes later, I hear someone walk down the stairs. I look over my shoulder and see Chris completely ignore me all the way into the kitchen. I close my laptop roughly and toss it on the next cushion over and storm into the kitchen.

Her back is facing away from me, pouring a cup of coffee. I stand in the entryway patiently for her to turn around. When she does, a flash of emotion shows but before I can even attempt to place a finger on it, her face is blank and emotionless again. She ignores me and walks to the fridge, I'm assuming to grab the milk for her coffee, and I clear my throat.

"What?" She snaps, annoyed.

"What is up with you?!" I ask, equally annoyed. I stand by the counter with my hands on my hips.

"Nothing." She replies curtly, grabbing the milk and closing the fridge door.

"Don't give me that Chris, I know you better than anyone. Hell, I probably know you better than you know yourself. So just tell me what's wrong!" I exclaim exasperated, running my hands through my long, straightened hair.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She rolls her eyes at me and my blood boils.

"Dammit Christine! What is wrong with you!?" I yell slamming my hands down on the counter. She drops her coffee mug in surprise and I smile smugly in my head knowing I got some sort of reaction out of her, but on my face I'm scowling hard core.

Her surprise is quickly masked with a matching scowl.

"Nothing Jasmine, just leave me alone." She sneers trying to bypass me.

"No! It's not nothing, Christine! Why won't you tell me what the hell is going on?" I grab her forearm and stop her from leaving. She tries to break free from my hold but I have an iron grip.

"Because it's none of you damn business Jasmine! Now let. Go." She snarls and rips her arm free and I'm taken back. Momentarily shocked.

She storms away, leaving her shattered mug and coffee spilt on the kitchen floor, and me standing there in bewilderment. I don't even remember the last fight, like fight fight, we've had. Yes, the way she snapped at me was hurtful but she's obviously hurting worse than I and she's just taking it out on me and trying to deal with it herself.

I sigh and grab the broom and dustpan, sweeping up the shards of mug and cleaner to clean the spill. After that I trudge back up the stairs and down the hall to my room. I hear a faint noise from the end of the hall and I tiptoe to Chrissy's room and press my ear up against the door. Inside, I hear the faint sobs of my best friend. Most likely crying her eyes out into her blanket her mother gave her when she was five. That's what she normally does when she's extremely upset over something. On one hand, I know I should knock on the door and try to comfort her like the best friend I am. But on the other hand, I know she's angry and hurt and wants some alone time. And she'll most likely kick me out anyways.

So I turn on my heels and enter my room, taking one last look at her door before entering my own.

😓😓😓