Chapter 19: Dress Shopping

Song of the chapter: Thrift Shop by Macklemore , just because lol

I was putting my books away in my locker when I felt hands grab at my waist. Shrieking I turn around and see Tyler smirking down on me.

"Sorry babe, didn't mean to scare you." He chuckles and I sigh in relief.

"It's okay, you just startled me." I say. I wish you were someone else though.

He bends down and presses his lips to mine. It takes all of my strength not to cringe in disgust. Instead, I pull back and continue putting away my books, not wanting to kiss him longer than necessary.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to go the Winter Formal with me next week?" He pulls out the tickets from his back pocket and hands one to me.

No. "Sure." I force a smile, taking the ticket. He grins and pecks my lips.

"Great! It'll be a night we won't forget." He smirks and walks away to his groupies.

You're right, my dear Tyler, it'll be a night we won't forget. Cue maniacal laughter.

😈😈😈

Mason's P.O.V

"Dude, just ask her." I tell Seth. Me, Justin, and Seth are sitting in study hall trying to get each other dates for the Winter Formal coming up next week. Seth's being a pansy, Justin's being stubborn, and as for me, I'm just dateless.

"No way. She doesn't even like me." He says and I sigh.

"Bro, she flirts with you all the time. Of course she likes you." Justin explains but Seth doesn't look convinced.

"No she doesn't. I would've noticed." He rejects, tapping his pencil on the desk anxiously.

"Love is blind Seth. You may not have noticed, but the whole school can see how you two look at each other." I tell him and he sighs.

"I don't know about love, but I definitely like her."

"Just ask her to the damn dance Seth!" Justin shouts and both Seth and I look over to him in shock. He rarely makes outburst like that.

You really think she'll say yes?" He asks with uncertainty in his voice.

"Yes!" Justin and I both exclaim.

"Alright. I'll ask her." He agrees and we slap him on the back in affection.

"Well go on man." I say and he looks at me in confusion.

"Now?"

"Yes now! Jasmine has the same class with her right now so I'll text her and say that you're coming by the class." I explain and he starts jittering his leg.

"Fine, I will. Text Jasmine and say I'll be there in five!" He exclaims and jumps out of his seat, rushing out the door.

I pull out my phone and text Jaz.

Princess👑

Seth is coming by your classroom in about five minutes to talk to you guys, just fyi. Might have to do with the dance ;)

"So what about you Black? Who are you asking to the dance?" I ask, putting away my phone.

"I was thinking about Jordan. Just as friends though. Strictly platonic." He says, making extravagant hand motions.

"Sure." I draw out and he punches my arm.

"What about you Grey? A special lady you fancy taking to the dance?" He changes the subject, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.