Chapter 25: Prank vs. Prank pt.1

Song of the chapter: This is Gospel by Panic! At The Disco

I told Mason to drive back to my house and he gave me a confused look. I just smirked and told him not to worry. Little does he know that I love horror movies. I've got them all. Psycho, Poltergeist, The Shining, Insideous, Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie, Texas Chainsaw. You name it, I have it. We pull into my driveway and I jump out of the Mazda, not waiting for Mase.

I run up the stairs to the game room and go to my movie collection and pull out my favorites.

First one up, The Shining.

I pull all the curtains closed and get out all the blankets and pillows. Now we're ready for movie night.

"What the hell Jaz? Why'd you run out of my car?" Mason asks, running his hands through his soft hair.

"Sorry, I was just excited to set up our movie marathon." I say, a devilish smirk on my lips.

"Oh, cool. What movies are we gunna watch?" He smiles, plopping himself down on the couch.

"It's a surprise." I reply.

I walk over to the couch and sit next to him, a good foot between us, and press play.

Let the fun begin...

😱😱😱

"They're heeeerrreeeeee." The eerie voice says and Mason tenses next to me.

Five minutes into the first movie and he jumped to my side, cuddling my small frame. When he found out it was a horror movie marathon, he flat out refused. But, I reminded him of our pinkie promise and he gave in. Now we're on our third movie and counting. I like getting scared but sometimes, these movies make me laugh. My family calls me weird all the time whenever we go out to see a scary film because I just laugh the whole time. Mason however, is quivering the whole time.

"Shit!" Mason yells, startling me out of my thoughts. I look at the tv and roll my eyes, this part isn't even that bad...

The next couple hours were spent watching Insideous, and Paranormal Activity, some more recent films, cuddling under the blankets together. To say this wasn't comfortable or give me butterflies would be a lie. I was loving ever second of it.

When our movie marathon was over, it was 5 am. There's absolutely no way my mom is letting me skip school. So Mase and I decide to just crash in the game room for an hour, considering we have to be up at 6 to get ready.

😑😑😑

"Wow you guys look like death. What happened?" Chrissy greeted us after our nap.

"Jaz here thought it'd be a good idea have a horror movie marathon on a school night and scare the shit out of me." Mason grumbles, glaring at me. I give him a smile.

"You don't like horror movies? Jasmine loves them!" Chrissy says animatedly.

"Yeah, I figured that out." Mason mumbles, sipping on his coffee.

"Thanks for the caffeine, I'm gunna need it today, but I gotta head home. Even though I text my mom last night, she still wants me to show up sometime. See you at school." he says, putting his mug in the sink and going toward the door.

"Bye." We say with a wave and I continue to sip my coffee. I'm way too tired to walk him to the door.

"So, movie night, ayeee?" Chris wiggles her eyebrows and I give her a glare. She giggles and skips out of the kitchen to who knows where.

☕️☕️☕️

"Did you see Mason today? He looks like he got ran over by a truck." Justin asks me during study hall.