chapter eighteen

harry didn't show up to school for a whole week after the incident. and louis just had to live like that, on edge for the longest fucking five days of his life.

everyone was talking about it. how harry had supposedly been pushed into the pool at corey's and freaked out. some people blamed the drugs and others were just gossiping about who it was that had pushed him. louis really hopes nobody saw it was him.

even though he is the one who got revenge, louis feels like he's suffering the most. he wonders if he's suffering more than harry, because the way the boy reacted is not what he was imagining.

louis guesses harry wasn't lying when he said he was terrified of water.

on wednesday, louis remembers just ringing and ringing harry's phone, but he never answered once. it made him go mad.

friday was supposed to be one of the last rehearsals before going to london. harry didn't answer his door to anybody though, of course.

what if harry knows it was him? what if harry is completely ignoring louis because he knows what he did? and now louis is in the wrong and he's just as bad he is, but doesn't even feel any better.

louis finally got his revenge and yet all he feels like is shit. and now the boy he really likes will hate him forever and... louis is panicking. he's really fucking—

"urgh." he shakes his head quickly and squeezes his eyes shut, leaning backwards on his chair as he sniffs and let's the powder trickle down his throat.

drugs are reliable to louis. shitty feelings are unexpected but if there's one thing he's sure of, he can always rely on how drugs can make him feel.

drugs also make louis do stupid things.

and maybe that's why he's now in front of harry's house.

he's slowly taking drags of his cigarette, other hand in his pocket as he stares up to the window. louis wonders if harry's in there, led in bed or maybe in the shower. louis wonders what the hell he's been thinking about for the last week, and if he was thinking about him, or maybe what he did.

louis flicks his cigarette into the grass, taking a leg over the metal gate and stepping over it. he walks to harry's door, and it takes him a full minute to finally knock on the glass.

he looks down, tapping his shoe on the concrete step as he waits awkwardly. as soon as the small sound of the door opening hits louis' ears, he looks up quickly.

louis takes harry in. he's groaning as he rolls his neck back and forth, his shoulders bowed forward as he leans on the doorframe. his eyes are red and swollen, his curls look matted at his head and there's a big red mark on his face probably from sleeping.

and despite it all, he looks fucking beautiful.

harry observes how louis is watching him, groaning as he meets his eyes. "i look awful, i know."

"no you don't." louis says, shaking his head. "you look fine."

harry laughs. "that's like saying the hulk has a bit of a temper."

louis laughs too, like a full laugh that makes him feel strange because it feels as if he hasn't laughed in so long. the laugh makes harry smile, a wide smile that makes his eyes avert to the floor. when he finally looks back up, louis has to pause for a moment to take harry in again as he exhales.

"do you want to come in?" harry finally asks, eyes looking louis up and down, as if trying to find a conclusion as to why he's acting like this after being so annoyed.

"uh..." louis looks behind him quickly, then back to harry. "yeah, sure."

he takes a step in, awkwardly fiddling with his hands and looking about as harry shuts the door behind him.