chapter nine

"louis!" someone is aggressively shaking the boy awake with a firm grip on his shoulders. "louis! get the fuck up!!"

louis shuffles in his sleep, groaning loudly because he's still being shaken and shouted at. "five more minutes." he brings the duvet over his head to suppress the noise of zayn's nagging.

he's met with more shaking, before the duvet is thrown off him and to the floor, making louis squirm at the coldness. "we're late and harry styles is in your fucking bed!!"

louis groans loudly again because now he's awake and he has to get up for college like usual. he always sleeps in, and relies on zayn to wake him up, just like today. being late is no surprise and harry— holy shit, harry fucking styles.

"harry's in my bed?" louis practically leaps, jumping off the bed, looking down and exhaling gladly because he's got some boxers on. he's stood next to zayn now, who's dressed ready for college with his backpack over his shoulder.

they both look down at him. just staring. his mouth is slightly open as he lays in his boxers, snoring lightly and holding his arms to his chest like he's hugging the air. he's quite peaceful, louis thinks.

"care to explain?" zayn finally speaks.

"uh... well—"

"please don't tell me you slept with him."

"what!" louis holds his hands up, giving zayn an over exaggerated shocked face. "no! god no!... no... no." he leans his hands on his hips and shakes his head back to harry, who's still sleeping.

"just a blowie then?"

"zayn, oh my god! nothing happened!!"

"louis," zayn turns to face him, "his neck is fucking purple."

"oh!" louis jumps like his memory suddenly comes to him, "that's it! some guy gave him hickeys and he couldn't go home for his nan to see so he crashed here... no biggie."

"was this 'guy' you by any chance?"

"no... maybe... well, i contributed i guess."

"right." zayn turns to face harry again, exhaling. "you should wake him. i'll be waiting downstairs." he turns on his feet, beginning to walk out the room.

"zayn!" louis motions to harry with his hands, "you can't just leave me here with him!"

"you had no problem last night." zayn laughs at his own comment. "good luck." he opens the door, muttering "you're gonna need it" when he shuts it behind him.

louis holds his head in his hands, really dreading this whole situation and hitting this leg with his fist because he came up with the idea to start off with. he finds some jeans to throw on before edging closer to sleeping harry.

he doesn't know whether to shake him awake, because that means touching his bare skin and louis doesn't know if he can do that. he thinks he needs a cigarette to finish this task, before telling himself to just get on with it and wake him up.

"harry!" he finally shouts in a rough tone, but he's still snoring. "harry!!"

"harry styles!!!!"

nothing.

"urgh, you're so fucking annoying." he shakes the boy, slapping his face a couple times to wake him up. harry groans, but keeps his eyes shut.

"wow... okay, have it your way." louis leaves and returns with a glass of water, chucking the water on harry's sleeping face, who sits up in the bed with a loud gasp.

"louis! what the hell?!" the boy's mouth is still open and he's shaking his arms to free them of the water, his face panicked.

"you wouldn't get up," louis shrugs, glad he's finally got him to wake. he walks over to his chest of drawers, placing the cup down and then rummaging for some socks. "we're late for college by the way." he says nonchalantly, but harry jumps out of bed, shocked.