chapter twenty one

"louis tomlinson, harry styles, get back here!"

"run!!" louis shouts, sprinting past mr turner in the lobby, who seems pretty unhappy with the pair's little detour, which ended up lasting all day. harry's unable to stop himself from laughing, and he runs just as fast away from mr turner who's following them. louis opens a door and rushes down the hallway, looking back once quickly at harry, then spotting mr turner on their tail.

they rush up the stairs, and louis quickly unlocks their room door, pulling harry inside them shutting it quickly, throwing his back against the wood, breathing heavily. harry leans his hands on his knees and pulls his body down, out of breath but a laugh building up and up until he can't stop himself and louis is laughing too.

"am i officially a rebel now?" harry jokes as he stands up straight, laughing.

"mmh..." louis walks up to harry and wraps his arms around his neck, letting harry wrap them around his waist as he looks down to him cheekily. louis pretends to think, "not yet."

"how come?"

louis lets go and walks away, pulling off his jacket and top as he does so, throwing them to the floor. he stops at the bed and opens his suitcase, rummaging quickly before pulling out numerous items of clothing. he turns back to harry, throwing them to him.

"put these on."

harry examines the clothes in his hands. black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and a black hoodie. he squints his eyes, lowering the clothes in his hands and lifting his head back to louis.

"alright, what bank we robbing?"

louis smirks, shaking his head away. "we're not robbing a bank." he says, turning and pulling out another black hoodie, putting it on.

"what are we doing then?"

louis picks up his jacket from off the floor, putting it on. "you'll have to wait and see." he rummages to the bottom of his suitcase, then pulls out a string bag, pulling it over his shoulder.

"you got weapons in there?"

louis scoffs, turning to face harry who is changing. "it's sad how little you think of me."

"hey, i'm not taking any chances."

"yeah." louis laughs, "and you should shut your mouth or you'll be the first to go."

harry laughs, finally pulling on the hoodie as he stands up straight. "oh louis, i'm terrified."

louis gives him a mischievous look, then walks past and to the door, slowing opening it just enough to stick his head out. he looks left. he looks right. louis opens the door further, then signals harry with his hand to follow him out.

"coast clear, criminal?" harry teases, and louis rolls his eyes, holding on to the strings of his bag as he walks out quickly, harry following as the door shuts behind them.

"think mr turner will be downstairs?" harry questions, still grinning.

"nah." louis shakes his head, "tea is over and it's dark by now, he'll be in his room."

"i'm a bit worried about still not knowing what we're doing."

they step in the lift, and louis presses the button. "you should try living life on the edge a bit, styles."

"i would, but i can't function with all these fumes on your jumper i'm wearing."

louis turns to him with a shocked expression. "fumes?!"

harry laughs quickly as they step out the lift, walking towards the exit. "i'm joking louis. your cigarette scent is actually quite nice, and you've clearly sprayed on your mild but spicy cologne."