chapter fourteen

pissed.

that's what louis is, flat out pissed.

his head is still buzzing from the pills he took, but he can't see properly because he's been drinking since the early hours of the morning.

louis has two problems. one— he likes the boy that watched him drown, and two— that boy happens to like him back.

and what's louis' reasonable solution to those problems you ask? holding a house party when his mother is away and getting flat out pissed.

he didn't invite harry of course, (that would be stupid, and louis is not stupid). yet he did invite the entire year, (again, louis is not stupid), so he has plenty of booze and drugs to last him a life time.

he just consumes them all in one night, of course.

he doesn't want to think about harry, so decides on bringing a green-eyed, brown-haired girl (no correlation, of course), up to his room who seems to be just as out of it as he is. problem being, she doesn't look as good as harry. or smell as good, or feel as good, or sound as—

louis thinks the alcohol isn't working.

he stumbles out of his room after, pushing past the people down the stairs. he's awfully hot, so opens the back door and walks out on to his back garden patio, never feeling so dehydrated in all his life.

"tommo mate," louis hears niall's irish accent. he seems to be stood outside by himself, watching the stars. "what are you doing?" he laughs.

"urgh." louis grimaces, needing to throw up as he stumbles about. "getting fucked."

"mate, you alright?" niall asks, stepping over to hold him up. louis pushes him off, breathing in heavily.

"i'm fine." he says, standing up straight and composing himself. "you got any weed?"

"uh, katie and zayn are just getting it now."

"you and katie good?" he asks.

"yeah." louis notices him blush as he looks down. "i really like her." he says.

"she likes you a lot too."

"yeah, i'm just not very good at this whole relationship thing. i want to be good to her, you know?"

louis nods, closing his eyes and breathing slowly into the cold air.

"are you sure you're okay?"

"niall, i'm fucking great." louis says, clapping his hands together once and telling himself he'll feel it if he says it. "just want some weed."

as if on cue, katie and zayn step into the back garden, each a bag in their hands. the sound of them entering makes louis turn, and he cheers at the sight.

"louis how many people are actually in your house?" katie asks, looking quite relieved she escaped the crowd.

"i dunno. just invited them all 'cause i know they'd bring shit. people just invite other people, don't they?" he shrugs, "you got the weed?"

"yeah." zayn says, "but i wanted to smoke it inside. it's fucking freezing out here."

"fine, i'll push some people out the kitchen or something. deal?"