CHAPTER 29

THIRD PERSON POV

Rhys has been restless since he came home from his mission. He attempted to clean his wounds but end up throwing everything on the floor from his table. Suddenly there was a knock on his door. "Come in."

"Rhys it 3 in morning." Her mother exclaimed. "I know!I am sorry!" He apologised. The sound of him throwing things must have been heard by her mother. He sat down on the edge of bed and her mother copied his action. "What is it now?" She asked.

"She is going under another surgery tomorrow. Metal scraps were found in her blood. If it goes wrong She might die." He said. Fear was present in his voice.

"She won't die. She is strong and you know that. Did you inform her parents about the surgery?" She asked.

"No and I don't want them near her!"

"Why? They are her parents."

"No! They used to abuse her. And please don't ask her questions about this when she wake up. It's bad enough she see's him everyday."

"I won't! Now let me clean your wound." He nodded and her mother started cleaning his wound. After her mother left he tried to sleep but his mind was clouded with all sort of thoughts.

RHYS POV

I drove to the hospital where I met Aria. It was 8 in morning and El was already undergoing a surgery. "When did you get here?" I asked her.

"15 minutes ago!" She answered. "Did you know why she didn't tell me her parents used to abuse her?"

"She knew that you were going through your family drama at that time. She didn't want to burden you." I said what she told me.

"But still! I am her best friend. We were supposed to share things."

"She might have a good reason for that."

Hours passed and I dozed off. I didn't realized she was out of the surgery until Aria woke me up.

"What did the doctor say? Is she awake? Did the surgery go well? Is she alright?" I bombarded her with questions.

"Rhys She is fine, The surgery went well."
"Can I see her?" I asked

"She is not awake yet."

"Oh.." My mind was completely blank. I want to see her. I need to see her. "Any idea when she will wake up?" I asked hoping I get real answer this time. "Just like doctor said it could-"

"I know." I internally cursed myself. "I have to go! Will you be fine by yourself?" I nodded and she left. I made my way towards Elyse's room.

I am happy that her surgery went well but I jus want to hold her again. I will never be able to forgive myself for putting her in this position.

---------{50 DAYS AFTER THE ATTACK}

50 days! 50 days and she still hasn't woken up. I couldn't even able to find Tim in this last days. It's like I will never be able to concentrate until she is safe at home. 

Everyday I am waiting my phone to ring for some good news but it's lead to disappointment. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat and I couldn't do anything knowing that El is in Hospital and the person responsible for this is walking free. 

My phone rang. Without checking the caller Id I answered the phone."Hello?" 

"King Rhys!Please Come to the hospital. Fast." The voice spoke and the line went dead. I hurried towards the hospital in my car. I try calling that number again but no one answered.

As soon as I reached I saw paparazzi standing at the front gates as usual but this time they were pushing guards so that they can enter.I entered the hospital through back door where I found the caller waiting for me. He was one of the doctor.

"What happened?"

"It's Mrs Elyse. Someone found a note in her room. It sounded like a threat. No name"

He handed me the letter which said:

It's a shame your wife survived. I should've killed her when I had the chance. Don't worry it will not end now. This time I will make sure that the bullet won't miss her heart.

I am leaving her unharmed now so that I can have fun when she is awake and on her feet. Maybe she will make a great deal in the foreign market. 

Or Don't get in my way and I will let you and your wife walk free.

Yours Truly-

I ran towards her room and found her safe. But her whole room was trashed and The wall was covered with red paint. The doctor who called me came towards me and said, "I don't know how media found out sir. I am truly sorry!"

I turned towards him and demanded," I want her to be moved to the palace. She won't be safe here!"

"But sir-"

"I am not asking, I am saying!" I ordered. Suddenly there was shuffling behind me then a soft voice called my name. I turned around immediately and saw Elyse eyes were opened. I ran towards her and help her sit up.

She looked around and her expression changed to horrified. "What happened?" Her Hands was trembling.

"I will explain you everything after we get you out of here." She gave a simple nod but her eyes were showing fear as she looked at the walls covered with red paint.

"Hey...*I turned her faced towards me through my index finger* You are fine. No one will ever hurt you again."

"I love you El" I added and pecked her lips. "I love you too." She fell on the bed and dozed of to sleep. I covered her with sheets and ordered the staff to clean her room in case she wakes up again. The two guards who I ordered to stand and guard outside were found lying dead in emergency exit.

I stayed whole time until she was safely moved to my room.