CHAPTER 8

RHYS POV

It was killing me to see her flirt with that waiter.I can't watch this happening in front of me again.I ditched Kayla or Layla and rushed outside.

I went to the nearest alley where me and Elyse fought.I lit a cigarette.Even though I smoke very rarely I needed it today.I inhaled the smoke and closed my eyes.

"Rhys,Give me that!"I opened my eyes and saw Elyse struggling to reach my cigarette. "Why?"I snarled.

She snatched the cigarette from my hand.The burning tip accidentally touched her hand and she hissed."Elyse!"I caught her hand and saw a small red mark on her hand. "It's nothing!" She brushed it off and crushed the cigarette under her shoes.

"Now,I have come here to sort things out because I don't like people being mad at me for no reason."She declared.

"I am not mad at you.You are the one who is mad at me."I snorted."Yeah whatever.So are we cool?"

"No!"I deadpanned."Why are you being so difficult."She groaned.

"Elyse I just saw you flirting with that guy."

"So what?You were with a girl too.I didn't say anything."

"That girl was Just a distraction from you."

"From me?"She ran her hand through her hair.

"Yes from you."I huffed.I was about to explain her when my phone started ringing.I looked at the caller Id and It was unknown.I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Sir,There was an attack near the ports and Our 3 men died during the time."

"What!"

"I am sorry sir."

"I will be there in 5 mins."I said and hung up.

"Elyse,I have to go!"I said."yeah okay."She casually answered.

"Elyse!"

"Just go!"She walked out of the alley and towards the restaurant.As i reached near the restaurant I saw her sitting with Aria laughing about something.I smiled and made my way towards my car.

--------

When I reached the harbour I saw guards running hear and there.As I walked further I saw burn marks and bullet holes all over the place.

Few Ambulances were standing there and 3 bodies were covered in white sheet.I spotted head authority,Silas which I appointed for that area and Walked towards him.

"What happened?"I asked.

"Sir A mafia next town from us attacked us when we found out about their shipment."

"What shipment?"

"Sir It was of girls.They illegally transport small girls and even women to different countries.Apparently one or two were here.We tried to stop them but they open fire on us and even threw a few grenade at us in which our 3 men died."

"Okay!Send 50,000 dollar cheque to their families and next time first inform me."I said.

"Yes sir!"

"Find out about their next shipment here and Also find out about their leader."He nodded and went to work.

I quickly called Ezra and told him to find out about everything personally.I know that Silas will get me the information I needed but I want more muscle and brain in this situation .

And that Job can be done by none other than Ezra!
-----------

THIRD PERSON POV

"Where is master?"A blonde man said.

The guard pointed towards a room with a metal door.

The man knocked the door until a heavy voice called.He went inside and closed the door behind him.

The room was very dark and only a small table lamp was gleaming.It was hard to make out master's face.

"Master I have some news which will be of great help."

"What is it?"A heavy voice laced with venom said.

"The prince of Aizaica kingdom,Rhys Archer is marrying Elyse Madden,General's daughter within 2 weeks.It's an arrange marriage and the news has been not made public yet.They say they both hate each other."

"If they hate each other what would be the point of trying anything."The master said.

"Master that's where you are wrong,These guys were inseparable during high school years.Then something happened and they both broke of their friendship.Even though they hate each other ,I know that Rhys would do anything to protect her.Same goes for Elyse."

"Is that so."The master said in amusement.

"So Master should we kidnap her and transport her to a far away country."The man asked in excitement.

"No!We are not going to kidnap her.First let them get married than we will discuss the further plans."

"Yes Master!I am very excited."The man laughed.

Now It's all upon Rhys to protect her and keep her safe.

.
.
.

I LOVE THEM 😍😍❤️

I LOVE THEM 😍😍❤️