CHAPTER 14

RHYS POV

"Rhys why aren't you ready yet?"My mom came gushing in my room without knocking.Today is the day!Worst possible day of my life."Yeah!Yeah!"I brushed it off.

"RHYS NICHOLAS ARCHER!"She said in her scaring voice with a glare."Okay!Okay!Don't shout!"I raised my hands in defence.

"Why do I have to get married anyways!"I said putting on my white shirt.

"Asking this question countless times does not change my answer."My mother said dusting my jacket and fixing my tie.

"We are expecting you downstairs in 10 minutes.All the guest are arriving in half and hour."She declared and left the room.

I closed the door and fell on my bed.Suddenly my phone started ringing.I checked the caller ID and it said Elyse.

"Hello?"I answered the phone."I have to tell you something!"She said in a worried voice.The grip on the phone tightened.

"Elyse!"A faint deep voice shouted."Coming dad!"She shouted."We will talk later!"She said an hung up.She sounded serious.

----------

I was standing on the stage nervous as hell.In few minutes I am going to be married.My palms were sweaty and I was kinda freaking out with all the people staring at me.It freaky when people just stare at you in dead silence.

In few minutes Elyse walked down the Aisle with her father.She had a neutral Expression and She looked Beautiful.I extended my hand out and she took it.I gave her a small smile but she didn't return it.

Everything proceeded as it goes in weddings.We told our vows and shared a short kiss.Finally it was over and we headed to our table.

(SORRY GUYS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE A WEDDIN SCENE PROPERLY!!)

We ate some food and sat in silence until my mom suggested that we should slow dance. Can this night get anymore worst.

"Come on!"El extended her hand urging me to dance with her."No!"I grumbled.

"One dance come on!Or they won't stop bothering us!"She whispered the last part.I groaned and took her hand.

We danced in rhythm.Slowly increasing the pace."Wow you can really dance!"She smiled.

"I know!"I smirked."My feet are hurting can we sit now?"

"We danced for like 5 seconds ."

"Please!"I begged.She sighed and nodded. "When will this be over!"She mumbled.

"I don't know! let's go to my room!"I suggested. "Uh...(She looked at her father,Who was drinking a glass of champagne)Yeah"She stood up,grabbed my hand and walked towards the door.

As we reach nearer to my room I sighed in relief.The music playing in ballroom was still audible but faint.As soon as we entered the room she fell on the bed. "Beer?"I asked looking at her.She hummed in response.

I opened the cabinet below my Tv and took out two beers.I opened both of them and handed one to Elyse.She chugged the whole bottle before I could take a sip.

"I wan't something more strong!"She demanded wiping beer of her face.

--------

"We are pretty drunk!"I slurred."What...Ah what time is it?"She grumbled.

"Pass midnight,I guess!"My head was spinning.She randomly started humming.I was too fucked up to even ask what she was humming. "Do you remember the time at the London's party?"

"Where a guy tried to rape me after drugging my drink."How can I forget that night even if I tried to.I would've killed that guy if Ezra was not their to stop me.

It was a warm Evening and I was picking Elyse for a stupid party.Few minutes later she stepped out of her house in a black knee length full sleeves dress which showed her curves perfectly.Her hair was curly and open. And she applied light makeup.

She opened the door and stepped into front seat."Hi!"She kissed my cheeks."You look good!"

"Thanks!"I started driving towards the party.Ten minutes later we were entering London's house where people were shouting,drinking and making out.

She walked straight towards the kitchen and I watcher her disappear.I spotted a seat on the couch and I walked towards it.

After having a stupid conversation with London and meeting with some of my friends,I began searching for Elyse.I spotted her talking to a frat guy.She was smiling as the guy tried so hard to flirt with her.I am not ashamed to admit that I was jealous.

He prepared two drinks one for him and one for Elyse.He slipped a pill before giving that glass to Elyse.I rushed towards them but it was already to late.She chugged the whole glass and soon the dizziness was catching up to her.The guy put an arm around her waist to steady her.

Before I could ran towards her,Someone grabbed my hand.I looked behind and saw a blonde girl smiling at me.Oh yeah she is Pastor's daughter."Hi!"She said in high pitched voice.

"I'm sorry,I have to go!"I excused myself and looked at the spot where Elyse was standing but I couldn't find her.I looked around trying to spot her.Finally I saw the guy carrying her almost unconscious body up the stairs.They were already entering a room.

I ran upstairs and bust into the room.I saw El lying on bed unconscious and the guy was standing over her."Get away from her!"I snarled."Get out dude!I am trying to have some fun."He laughed looking at her.

I clenched my jaw and walked towards him.I punched him again and again until Ezra came into the room and stopped me.

I took El into my arms and headed straight out towards my car with Ezra beside me."You have to tell her tomorrow what happened today." Ezra said as I gently lay Elyse into the backseat.

"I know!And Thank you for stopping me."I said."Yeah It's Alright.Don't lose your shit next time."He patted my shoulders.

"I will try."I looked at her.I sat on the driver's seat and began driving towards her house.The same question was running through all night that What if I was too late?

"Yeah I remember!why?"I said trying to keep my eyes open."I never said Thank you for that day so...Thank you!"She said.Her eyelids were heavy and soon she was drifting into sleep.

I tucked her in one side of the bed.I jumped on the other side keeping the boundary between us.Next thing I remember was that asking the same question to myself.