CHAPTER 31

RHYS POV

My room was freezing when I entered. I looked around and saw balcony door open. I grabbed a thick blanket and walked towards the balcony. As soon as I entered I saw Elyse sitting on a chair with a shorts and off shoulder top on.

"What are you doing here? It's freezing and you are on bedrest." I covered her with the blanket and she snuggled into it. "I was just enjoying the view." She answered.

I looked up and this was the first time I have noticed the view from here. It was a near view of lake and waterfall and the area was covered with flowers and bushes. The sound of water falling was really calming. I sat on the chair beside El and let myself flow through the sound of water.

Minutes passed and I was so zoned out that I didn't realised Elyse was standing in front of me. I looked up and she didn't even took a minute and climbed onto my lap. She covered herself and me in the warm blanket and snuggled her head on my neck.

"How's your pain?" I asked covering her legs. "Numb!" The cold must have numbed her pain. Few minutes passed and she was already dozing off. "Go to sleep!" I whispered and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She rubbed her eyes and let out a sigh. Slowly her breathing became normal. I picked her up bridal style and gently lay down on bed. I covered her with a blanket and closed the balcony doors. I went downstairs and called Ezra to ask about any lead on Tim.

He didn't pick up so I decided to take a stroll around the kingdom myself.

--------

I was home in two hours and Elyse still was sleeping so I turn on the TV to catch up on the news. I turned down the volume as I switched between channels. Few minutes passed and I heard groaning behind me. "Did I wake you up?' I asked as I heard footsteps. She sat beside me and I switched the channel again. The headlines on the news said;

'KING COULDN'T PROTECT HER OWN WIFE, CAN HE PROTECT THIS KINGDOM'

The sudden wave of sadness pass through me and El seemed to notice it. She switched off the TV an climbed onto my lap, "Don't listen to them, they are just doing it for money. You have done more than great job to protect this kingdom and me" She leaned forward and pecked my lips. Deep down I still feel that I won't be as good as my father.

"Come on let's mess around for a bit." She smirked and took my hand towards the bed. I followed her like a lost puppy. I took my shirt of and she pushed me on the bed. She removed her top and I let my eyes wander all over her body and I just couldn't take them off her.

she climbed onto my torso and began teasing my lips, my neck. I groaned and opened my eyes. she smiled. I switched our positions so that I was over her.

"You're sure?" She nodded and licked her lips. And that was it that was what I waiting for and it was the best feeling ever.