CHAPTER 4

RHYS POV

"What?!"Be both screamed in sync."you guys will be make a great married couple!"My mother exclaimed."You decided this without our permissions!"I said.

"Rhys we would like a word with you alone!"My parents looked at each other.We separated ourselves from crowd."Elyse is a nice girl Rhys!"My father said."But why her?"I cried.

"Because you have know her since you were a baby!And if not her you will be marrying Bethany!"Mother declared."Why are you doing this?"I asked.

"If you want the throne,You need a queen.And that queen would either be Elyse or Bethany!Period."My mother narrowed her eyes at me. "I prefer Elyse over Bethany!" Me too in a heartbeat but she hates me!

I looked over at Elyse and she was agreeing with whatever her parents were saying.Why do they have so much control over her?"Fine!"I groaned looking at my parents.I know she would say No because what I have done to her for past 7 years.And I hate every single day of the past 7 years.

We walked towards them and they immediately stopped their conversation."Rhys agreed! What about you dear?"My mother asked in a sweet tone.Her eyes widen. "I-"She looked at her father and completed the sentence by, "Agree!"What?!

"Oh that's great dear!So we should meet tomorrow and discuss some wedding details."My mother said.Elyse agreed and gave them a small smile.After they left I turn to Elyse."Why did you agree?"

"I didn't had a choice.But you could've said No!You had a choice.You always have a choice!"She mumbled the last part.

"It was either you or Bethany!And I can't live with her my whole life!"I groaned."And you can live with the person you hate the most your entire life?"She asked.

I stayed silent because I don't know what to respond.She is right I hate her but not when we were young.I used to be in love with her but could never express my feelings because I thought it will ruin our friendship.Which London did apparently.Why did I ever believe that stupid Bitch?she told me that Els was using me and at that time I was frustrated and angry on my parents that time and I took all of it out on her.I called her so many things that even I hate myself for what I did.

After that I even try to apologise her but she would just shut me down.I like her a lot back then and maybe I still can!

"What the heck!You are marrying Els?!"Ezra exclaimed."Yeah!"I said weakly."But why would you agree?You hate her!"

"I don't know!"I declared."Well then Best of luck and FYI I prefer Elyse over Bethany for you in Heartbeat."He patted my shoulders."So how come she agreed?"He asked."Because of her father!I have seen her cry and cut herself only in past three hours.And both of them end up with her talk to parents!"I explained.

"Maybe she is scared of her parents."He said."That's the problem!She always stood up for herself.She never let anyone down her."I huffed."Aww."My friend cooed."Shut up!"I snarled.

"Yeah alright!"He said and left to have a talk with his parents.I roamed my eyes around the hallway until I notice Elyse talking to Fucking Jason. I felt a pang of jealousy in me. I made my way towards them, My jaw clenched when I saw her laughing.

"Elyse!Can we talk?" I asked standing beside her.I saw smile fade from Jason's Face and I can't help but smirk. "Yeah sure! Sorry Jason." She gave him a small smile and followed me as we went outside the ballroom. "I have to go" She said as we exited the room. "Wait! Do you like him?" I asked grabbing her arm."Of course not!That guy doesn't get a hint!" She said looking around.

I internally smiled in relief. But I hate her! 'I hate her!'I reminded myself. "My parents are calling, I am going. Bye."She sighed.

"Why do you let them control you?" I asked. She hesitated but didn't respond and walked out of the palace.

What are they doing to her?!
.
.
.