Chapter 26

RHYS POV

"I love her Ezra.And I couldn't tell her because she is mad at me and she would think I just told her so that she can forgive me. What should I do? I can't hold it much longer."

I don't know why I am confessing my love to him and not Elyse. I love her and I am dying to tell her my feelings. "I don't have any advice for  you dude. You are in deep shit and the only thing to do is to tell her."

Before I could react to his useless idea someone grabbed my hand. I looked up and saw Elyse. "I want to talk to you alone!" I nodded and was hoping so much that she heard my conversation with Ezra.

She took me outside the room to the backyard. It wasn't really huge and I was sure that we will get privacy we need. "You love me?" This were her first words as soon as we entered the backyard.

I was hoping she would heard me and now that she has I have no words. "I love you! But I know you are mad at me and I understand if you don't want to say it back. I am-"

"Rhys-" She was trying to cut in but I won't stop blabbering. "Rhys I love you too!" Well those words were enough for me to look into her eyes. "I love you too!" She repeated again. She lifted her hand and covered my left cheek.

"I love you El" I leaned forward and gave her a gentle kiss. I snaked my hand around her waist and pulled her closer. "You forgive me?"

I rested my head on her's. "Hmm... But you won't lie to me ever again. Promise!"

"I promise!" I smashed my lips on her and she immediately responded. "I miss this!" I whispered between kisses and she moaned in response. She parted her lips and I slid my tongue into her mouth. We made out for 15 minutes until it was time to go inside.

I intertwined our hands before we went inside. We went to the bar and ordered a drink. Few minutes passed and we were on second drink when Aria came and took El to the dance floor. My eyes were only on her dancing figure the entire time she was dancing.

Suddenly my phone rang. The caller ID showed the guy who was managing the constructions site of hospital. I went outside and picked up the phon. There was a bunch of static at first then I heard some gunshots. "Sir there has been a attack at the site. Sir few man came with heavily loaded guns and opened fired at us. There is fire everywhere. Sir please he-" The line went dead.

I quickly called the chief and immediately send guards to the site. We can't stay here.I called Hiram and told him to meet us outside in 5 minutes.I even called some guards for protection.

I went inside but I was delayed by London. "Hey Rhys!"I just ignored her as she continued."I miss you.Can we sort things out." She was trying again to ruin my life.

"We all know that you got married to Elyse because of your parents."

"Please!Stay away from me and Elyse.I love her and I want to be with her.Not you okay.Please leave us alone.You have ruined so much already."I shoved past her and was trying to Find Elyse.

I spotted Ezra and Aria dancing together so I walked towards them.I asked them where El was and briefed them.They told me that she went to the washroom.

I ran towards the washroom but she wasn't there.Her phone was going straight to voicemail.I began searching for her.I looked everywhere,I searched every room and right now I am walking to the last place she can be,Backyard.

"El!"I shouted as I walked outside.Suddenly I heard grunting.I ran towards there and saw a man holding a gun to her head."Don't come closer or I will kill her!"He tightened the grip on the gun.

I stopped in my tracks.My eyes fell on Elyse and tears were streaming down her face."I had an assignment to eliminate you,But I found her!"The guy smirked.

"You want me!Then take me.leave her!"I snarled. I cautiously walked forward and that guy saw my movement."Don't come forward."

"Rhys!"

"El!It's going to be okay!"I assured her.I took a step forward and suddenly I heard a gun shot.
.
.
.
VOTE
COMMENT