10. "You live in my storage room?"

"Come in!"

Levi opened the door to Erwin's study. When he had received the message that Erwin wanted to speak to him, he had hoped that he would finally be informed about the new soldiers. But when he entered the room, he found that they were not alone. Peter was standing at the window.

"Levi," Erwin greeted the man who had entered.

The man nodded. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, we need to revise the training plans a bit. And I want to talk to you about forming a Special Operations Squad," Erwin explained. "Sit down, have some tea," the commander added.

Levi did as he was instructed and went to the teapot.

"So you really don't want to mix teams?," he heard Erwin say behind him as he poured himself a cup of tea and smelled the scent of peppermint.

"No," Peter said firmly. "My team trusts each other blindly. One wrong step outside the walls and they could all be wiped out. Do you want to risk that?"

Erwin sighed. He agreed with Peter. But he would have liked to see some of the new soldiers in the new team of the Scout Regiment led by Levi.

Peter looked over Erwin's shoulder at the training plans. "I need a terrain for night training. And can we train by the river?"

"Mmm." Erwin made notes. "And you're really leaving tomorrow?"

"Yes."

Levi turned his head in their direction and watched them from his seat.

"How many?" the commander wanted to know.

"Only 25."

"Half of them," Erwin muttered.

"Mh. The kindergarten stays with you," Peter explained.

"The kindergarten?," repeated Erwin with a laugh.

"Heichou's choice of words," Peter merely commented.

"Mmh. I still have to talk to your Heichou anyway," Erwin replied.

"Why?" Peter frowned. "Did something happen?"

Erwin waved it off.

"Anyway," Peter began, "it would be good if someone like Levi or Mike could help train the younger ones in my absence."

Levi listened up. Would he be practising with Chagara? He hadn't seen her since New Year's Eve. That had already been two days ago.

"I'll see what I can do," Erwin replied, looking at the door. There had been a knock.

"Name and request," Erwin called out to the person at the door.

"Chagara. And I don't have a request, commander. They said you wanted to see me."

Peter looked questioningly at Erwin.

"That's right. Come in," Erwin replied. While Peter stepped next to the desk, Levi stayed motionless in his chair and narrowed his eyebrows when he recognised her reflection in the glass case. Chagara was once again wearing only the training suit.

"Have you done something wrong?," asked Chagara Peter when she found him in Erwin's room. "Or are we being disbanded after all?"

"Neither," replied Erwin instead of Peter.

"We have to switch rooms?", Chagara directed her question to Peter again. "You have to move into mine and I move into the stable?"

Levi raised his eyebrows. The way she said it, she didn't seem to mind sleeping in the stable.