6. "You got the job."

WARNING: This chapter also briefly addresses the topic of possible rape. If you are too young to deal with this topic or do not want to read such a topic, do not read this chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chagara stretched. It was her third day in a long time at the headquarters of the Scout Regiment and her second day off in this year. Yawning, she looked into the fireplace. Another blanket and some chocolate and happiness would have been perfect. She felt her hair. As good as dry. It had been strange to use the women's shared washroom again after several years. Since her room not only didn't have its own bathroom, but was also cold, she had decided to make herself comfortable in one of the big armchairs in the fireplace room. This was where the soldiers usually met when they had nothing to do. To chat, drink or play cards. But because of the holidays, there were hardly any soldiers at the headquarters. Only those who had no family.

Chagara looked around. She was still alone. Eva, one of the kitchen helpers, walked past the open door of the room with a tray. She was carrying a teapot and teacup.

"I wonder who else is here?," Chagara thought.

She didn't really feel like talking to soldiers, but maybe the kitchen helpers had time for tea and a bit of chit-chat. And who knows, maybe they had some chocolate too.

Chagara grinned, stood up, smoothed out the top of her training suit and followed the young girl with the tray through the corridors. Finally she stopped in front of a closed room door. She hesitated. Every time she wanted to knock, she lowered her hand again. There were no ordinary soldiers in that part of the building. Chagara's room was also close by. But who was hiding behind that door? Chagara stepped curiously to the young girl.

"Ayumi," the young kitchen help blurted out in relief. "You are my rescue. Please," pleadingly, the girl held the tray out to her.

"Huh?" Chagara didn't understand.

"Please, can you take this inside? I don't have the nerve for this."

"For what?" wondered Chagara.

"My shoes will surely be too dirty and he must have cleaned his room again by himself. Though yesterday four of us cleaned it. And then there will certainly be a fingerprint on his cup. And the tea is probably no longer at the right temperature," Eva panicked.

Chagara looked at the closed door with narrowed eyebrows. What kind of weirdo was in this room? She didn't feel like having her day off ruined.

"Please!", Eva continued to plead.

Chagara shook her head and wanted to leave.

"I owe you one. Really. I'll give you anything. Anything you want. Anything if you go in there for me."

Chagara looked at Eva's frightened eyes. "Anything?" she finally asked with a grin.

"Yes, yes, yes," Eva affirmed nodding vigorously.

"Chocolate."

"You'll get it. I only have about 200 grams though. Is that okay?"

Chagara tried to control her expression. She had expected maybe 10 grams. But 200 grams? And what had Eva done to hoard 200 grams of sweet chocolate?

"Is it good?" asked Chagara sceptically.

"The best. Really. I swear. I'll take it to your room in a minute." With those words, she pressed the tray into Chagara's hands.

Perplexed, she looked back and forth between the tray, the closed door, and Eva hastily making her escape. She had managed to get hold of 200 grams of chocolate, but...