Chapter 26 :- The Mysterious Voice

"There is no good or evil after death, just a never-ending vacuum and nothingness."

The mysterious voice echoes everywhere

The unseen face haunts my nightmares

The lingering words pose a thousand questions

Even though they seem afar, in close proximity are my solutions...

Losing someone you know hurts but the pain becomes unbearable when you know that you're the reason they are gone. All the hatred, loathing, and enmity only make sense in life, death in itself is a period of all emotions. All Irsivile's hero was feeling was emptiness and remorse. He knew that the devil had to be punished but giving up on his life had made him question everything he knew. As the pictures of his final encounter with the demon were playing in his head he felt nothing but regret. The world around him no longer made sense. Is doing bad to egregious wrong?

One week later...

"Sheriff, it's your turn." A young man said with a smile.

"Well I take the two and raise two more." Sheriff said with a smirk as he picked up the cards and threw in the coins. The atmosphere at the table was jolly and serious.

"Well I take those four and raise two more." A man with a goofy smile said confidently.

"I..." The young pale man chuckled, "I guess, I fold."

"It's just you and me, Peat." The man with the balding head smirked at the Sheriff. Sheriff smirked.

"I guess you are right." The Sheriff met the focused eyes "Well then, I guess show."

"I fol..."

"Don't fold." A known face grabbed everyone's attention as the Sheriff's heart rate increased "He is bluffing." Sheriff's eyes widened in disbelief as his body hung in a limp. He came and leaned towards the Sheriff so that his lips were at the Sheriff's ears. The warm breath sent chills down the Sheriff spine. "I know that you are bluffing, Sheriff. Everyone knows." The man with the blue eyes said, making the Sheriff squirm. Sheriff opened his eyes and he wiped the sweat droplets accumulated on his forehead. He picked up the phone on the side table that was ringing.

"Hello." He said as his heart sedately started beating at a regular pace.

"Dad, have you taken your medications?" A concerned voice asked. Straight to the point I guess.

"Yes, Sweetheart." The man resting on his armchair replied.

"And did you take the vitamins Dr. Strauss recommended?" The man sighed at his daughter's overwhelming concern.

"Hmmm...." He replied in a guilty voice

"Come on dad..." The girl said, being agitated, "You promised that you would take care of your health and that..."

"Lils..." Mr. Jackson chuckled "I took the tablets and vitamins and medication."

"And you aren't..."

"I am not drinking or smoking." Mr. Jackson could feel his daughter rolling her eyes at him.

"Are you sure?" She asked to be reassured.

"Yes ma'am!" Sheriff replied in an obligatory tone.

"Ok." She replied in disbelief. "I will reach Irisvile tomorrow. Once I'm there, I will take care of everything but until that time please follow the doctor's instructions... Dad, you were just hospitalized a few days ago... My mom and I are really worried for you."