Chapter 3:- The Incubus' Plan...

"There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect, and once in a while man's evil prying calls them within our range."

- H. P. Lovecraft

Where every truth is a lie and every lie is a truth

In this darkness how am I supposed to find the correct route?

And here I am standing back at square one

Not knowing in which direction to run...

The above mentioned Mr. Lovecraft's statements were breathing, living in this era. Irisvile was a small peaceful town when looked from afar, someplace one might prefer to stay for calm and quietude, away from the noisy rapid-paced city lives. It was also famous for its zingiest dessert. However, the cause of fame of this petit town had recently changed and was now a notorious menacing murderer. The killer, whose web of deceit was far more intricate and wider than the wildest imagination of the enforcers of justice. The more one tries to free himself, the deeper he would fall into his trap. Is the killer merely observing us from the darkness, or is residing with us in the light?

When Sheriff Jackson heard the beep, he understood that his chance had flown away. He banged the phone and moved his hand through his hair. It seemed as if something crucial had slipped through his fingers. If only I could hear next to what...The whole case could have been unraveled within mere seconds. And what is it about this being only one man? Damn it! If only... But he knew there was no point mopping over what had been lost. He had to make the most out of whatever information he had in his hands. In the first step, I need to check the authenticity of this call...

"Officer Walter..." he called one of his officers, as he tried to comprehend the situation. "In my cabin." He rushed to his cabin, leaving Officer George in a state of dismay. A man in his early forties knocked and entered the cabin. Despite his age, he had a well-built body, accompanied by a handsome face and sharp jaw-line that made him look much younger. However, he was infamous for being excessively rude and was known to be a bit of an egoist, which made him difficult to work with.

But that being said he was one of the elite officers in the County Station. Some envious people might say that he has a thick skull and dense mind, but... He was a sharpshooter and exceptionally good at making criminals confess their crimes. For doing so, many times he not only crossed the line but also conveniently, whenever needed, erased it. "These criminals are monsters, and so humans shouldn't deal with them." I still remember his statement when I had to suspend him for almost sending a plausible suspect into a coma while getting him to admit his crime. He was later found to be guilty.

"Connect me to the Sheriff of Hoser County ASAP. I think he was right about the lead." The Sheriff in a short amount of time decided to keep the information about Emily's call to himself "Get me the footage of the news conference. Yeah and also bring me the list of all the basements, storages, or any such containment facilities. This is much bigger than we thought...!" If I am right... He said as he realized the gravity of the situation.

"Sheriff... Is there anything..." Officer Walter didn't get a chance to complete his statement.

"Not now..." Oh my God! This is... We have been looking at it all wrong. That person has been making a fool out of us. Turns out Hitchcock's suspicions were correct, yet again. "Go!" he said. "And tell Officer Ted and Officer Grant that there's going to be an urgent meeting in my cabin in two hours. Make sure that they can attend it with you. It's about the killer..." Sheriff said to Officer Walter who was rushing out of his cabin to abide by his orders.