Chapter 4:- The Scavenging Operation...

"Chaos is the most dangerous thing in this world. It is all around us all the time. Volatile and powerful. But in ad-mist of this chaos, there lies an opportunity and the intelligent men, the brave men, are always striving to figure out the same."

Thunder and lightning

Indeed is terrible and frightening

And as more intense grows this rain

This twisted trail seems to be uncannily plain...

The street winds over the adjacent plateaus like a carelessly discarded belt, grey and cracked with age. On each side the houses are separated by yards large enough to accommodate farm animals, barns, and at times small gardens. The homes are many times larger than even the biggest of families might need, each one isolated. For the most part the lanes are one car wide and the corners blind, obscured behind the hawthorn hedgerow that has been growing unchecked. Such was the fleeting identity of Irisvile, a small peaceful town once upon a time. But gone are those days when people came here to relax and chill. From the past few months in its placid surroundings has been resting a killer, someone who is devious, deceptive, and a master-mind behind all the brutal deaths. The police department got a call from an unknown location revealing the game plan of the killer, but what came later was a shock, as no information was found about the girl. Who is this girl? Is she even real? Did you know that the weather of Irisvile had always been unpredictable?

One week later...

The night was still young and the Relitain forest was engulfed in chaos. The skies were lit in brilliant streaks as the mighty rumbling competing with it followed within seconds like millions of crackers bursting together. Heaven was showing the full extent of its wrath as the thunder and lightning were not only exploding but dominating the surroundings. The pitter-patter raindrops raging in their fury were pounding the ground like trillions of sharp needles.

The screams of the wind were more than howls, as it restrained time itself and was determined to outrun any chaser. A delightful carnage ensued with the trees writhing and flailing and the sadist gale carried away their moans of pain. Some trees however were titillating and were finding pleasure in this torment. They were sublimely swinging to this agony. In this madness, the gigantic ominous trees were dancing in all their glory to the rhythm of this mayhem. It was indeed survival of the fittest. The forest seemed to be more sinister than ever.

"Check this area properly, officers." Sheriff Jackson was commanding his team of fifteen officers, yelling at the top of his voice. He was completely drenched in the water and the rain-coat he had worn was hardly helping him against the merciless winds. The surrounding was pitch dark, except for the torch-light and the rumbling lightning which made the scene look like a set of a horror film. The dogs accompanying the police force were monstrously barking and it was adding to the terror. Sheriff Jackson and his team were on this work since 9 am and now the fatigue had started to get to him.

Sheriff Jackson was standing near the patrol car and on it laid open a map covered with plastic. The sound of the destructive raindrops was more intense on the metal surface. "It should be here." Sheriff Jackson said, looking at the map of the Relitain forest as it helplessly flowed in the direction of the commanding gale. Sheriff held the piece of paper using all his strength. It has to be here... After all, this is the last spot! Sheriff thought as he remembered the past week which had been rather eventful.