Chapter 15 :- The Guilt

" "Mom, why do good people always die?"

"-When you are in a garden, which flowers do you pick?"

"-The most beautiful ones..." "

We have been playing this game long enough

Let's get real; it's going to get rough

To catch a monster like you, my own demons I'll unleash

You have stayed quite some time in your delusional peace... 

Is it the same familiar face, or someone who is a stranger! Irisvile, once a small peaceful town, now is the home of a deadly monster. This devil is one among us. He resides within each one of us. The fragile peace of Irisvile was shaken by a single person. It took terror of one man to waiver faith over everyone else. Every individual became a suspect. Every friend seems to be a foe. The blooming uncertainty has brought with it fright and desperation, it has brought out the sinister side of virtuous men. Who do you stare back at, while looking in the mirror?

One week later...

The time was noon when Sheriff Jackson finally returned to the County station. He strolled calmly to his cabin as on the way he was greeted by various officers. He smiled casually; every grin was a piercing one. By now the entire County station was well aware of the tragedy. Everyone knew no one was safe, every single individual knew that no one can be trusted. The smirks were of hostility. The killer has the power to be omnipresent and he can hunt you down, stalk your loved ones, and in the worst-case scenario...! And yet everyone had worn an alluring mask of a simper.

Sheriff for the first time was glad that he was separated from his wife and his beloved daughter was with her, but he still couldn't negate the possibility of a killer getting them. He had spoken with Sheriff Adrian of Hemingpost County and he had accented to lend a helping hand. He is a genuine guy. He is a good guy. He is one of the trusted friends of Hitchcock.

Sheriff Adrian had put up one of his most efficient and trustworthy officers on duty to secretly guard the Sheriff Jackson's family. And yet Sheriff Jackson made sure to talk to his daughter every night, to make sure that both of them are okay, both of them were safe. I can never ever let anything like... Even the thought of the tragedy made him nauseous.

Sheriff sat on his chair and through the window noticed Officer Walter sitting in his chair working with utmost focus as if nothing had happened. He saw Officer Ted conversing with him, holding in his hand a few papers. He bore a tense look. Both of them seemed like aliens now. The pages in Officer George's diary were flashing before his eyes. The cacographer had written infinite truths.

Sheriff assumed that Officer Grant, who was nowhere to be seen, must have gone to the Relitain forest continuing the scavenging operation. I said no after the... And to my surprise he didn't taunt me. It almost seemed like he was sad, hurt! What the hell am I thinking? "The word is guilt." Sheriff sighed, even thinking of that dreadful morning made him feel puckish. I refused to give him any information. But he said to me that he would catch the killer no matter what!

When Sheriff Jackson looked around, things seemed so disparate. When he glanced around everything was the same. This town, the lives of the ignorant people remained as idyllic as ever. Life of officers in Irisvile County proceeded as if nothing had happened. Everyone was similar, everyone was the same, and yet every face was desecrated from before. Sheriff had realized the cost of life; he realized the value of existence. A life which we believe to be priceless has no price at all...