𝚂𝚞𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜

I take a deep breath before walking into school, this could either go very well or very bad considering I was wearing my Southside Serpent jacket. I walk through the doors and go straight to my locker. People were staring at me and I walked straight to my locker only to find Nick waiting for me by his locker. 

"Hey Nick." I unlock my locker and put my stuff away.

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Anna the jacket. People are staring."

"You don't think I know that. You have to remember I did the serpent dance and I got the shit kicked out of me by like twenty Serpents who by the way didn't go easy and you should remember. So you're damn right I'm wearing my jacket, I earned it. You should be proud of yours to." I close my locker and make my way to my first class. 

As I walk down the hall Principal Weatherbee walks towards me and before I can change directions he calls my name. 

"Ms. Jones." I stop in my tracks and smile.

"Principal Weatherbee, good morning." 

"Would you like to explain why you walk into my school wearing a serpent jacket?"

"I didn't know I wasn't allowed to wear a jacket Principal Weatherbee, especially a Southside Serpent Jacket. Nowhere in the school handbook does it say I can't." The bell rings and I look up at him.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I am now late for class." I walk away and go into the classroom. 
***
I sit down on one of the chairs and spin around until Betty and Veronica walk in. Betty closes the door and I stop to look at them. 

"So what's so important you needed me here today." Before Betty could say anything Veronica opens her mouth. 

"It's Kevin, he's like a character is a lost Tennessee Williams play."

"What do you mean?"

"Sheriff Keller, Kevin said his dad is having a hard time with everything. He said he's been going out late at night and coming home in the early morning."

"Guys, I have a theory about Sheriff Keller."

"Oh, me, too. It's obvious." I agree with Veronica.

"He's having an affair." Veronica and I say but Betty says something else. 

"He's the Black Hood."

"Wait, what? Betty is that a joke." I chuckle.

"I wish it were."

"What ever crazy web your spinning, Bee, let us break it down for you." Veronica looks at me and Betty groans.

"Sheriff Keller's wife is away, he's failing at his job..."

"He's looking for comfort by sneaking around... all signs point to cheating." Veronica finishes. 

"Well I mean I don't know, maybe he is having an affair and he's the Black Hood."

"We've known Kevins dad how many years?" I say and she sighs. 

"Ok, think about it. The Black Hood killed Mr. Phillips in a cell at the sheriff's station. How do you explain that?" I shrug and then sigh.

"Look, right now Kevin needs our friendship and not your groundless suspicions." Betty sighs.

"Don't worry, my intuition's telling me he's having an affair. But stay tuned while I prove it." Veronica gets up and I couldn't help but laugh. Veronica leaves and I sit back in my chair. 

"Anna, you have to at least think that it's suspicious."

"Oh, I do. I was asking the same questions but I sincerely doubt it was Sheriff Keller. He's a good guy, love the guy to death even though he can be a pain in my side but I can't give him credit for the Black Hood. It's not in him. Now I have to go finish my project for photography class, so I will see you later." I walk out of the Blue and Gold and head to my car. 
***
I sat in my room and loaded up some new film into my camera when there was a knock at the front door. I get up and look out my window, Penny was standing on my porch and I hurry downstairs. Nick goes to open the door and I stop him. I cover his mouth and he looks at me confused. 

"It's Penny." I mouth and I take my hand away from his face. 

"I know you're in there Jones, you're cars out front. I just want to talk." We back away from the door and go into the kitchen. 

"What do we do?"

"We can't call mom."

"What about Sheriff Keller."

"We can't call Keller you idiot we're Serpents, it's against the code."

"Then we talk to her, just don't let her in the house." There was another knock at the door and I sigh before walking over to open the door. 

"What do you want?" 

"I just came to chat." She goes to walk in and I block her. 

"You can talk from where you are." I say and she lifts her arm to show her tattoo.

"That supposed to mean something to me Penny."

"I'm one of you, so why don't you show me some respect and invite me in."

"Look, now isn't a good time Penny. I have friends coming over so I need you to leave. Besides I don't owe you anything as far as I'm concerned so leave and don't come back or I'm calling Sheriff Keller." I go to walk away and she speaks. 

"That's very Northside of you, I wonder what the Serpents would say. Besides you're wrong about not owing me. You're Dad like FP owes me and as far as I'm concerned, you are next in line to pay those debts."

"You need to leave now." Nick cuts in and I go to close the door and she stops it with her foot. 

"Your boyfriend, Sweet Pea. He's quite the catch."

"You leave him out of this."

"All snakes have a soft underbelly. He's your, am I right." I slam the door in her face and I lock it before going back up to my room.