𝙰 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚁𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚎

I sign in and the secretary hands me my visitor's pass. I clip it to my belt loop and I walk down the hall to the interrogation room. The lawyer looks over at us and I walk over to give my dad a hug. I pull away and my mom and brother do the same before sitting down with him. I stand behind them and lean against the cold wall.

"Let's talk about the damn deal." My dad says while holding my mom's hand and she gives it a slight squeeze.

"So what's the damage," I ask and he looks at all of us.

"First, to review the charges you're facing, arson, destruction of evidence, making a false confession, obstructing justice, not to mention this whole nasty mess of dumping a dead kid in the river."

"We know what I did. What's the deal? What are they offering?" My dad says annoyed and I sigh.

"You're gonna want to take it. I'm telling you, I've been doing this a long time. It's a strong deal." I walk over and look over my mom's shoulder to read the papers. All they had to do was give up names and I knew neither of them was gonna do exactly that, it was the Jones family code that loyalty was the most important thing to always remember.

"How many years?" My mom asks and he looks at her sympathetically.

"They are both looking at twenty to forty years. Depending on if the deal is taken." My mom cries and I look over at him and if looks could kill this lawyer would be dead right now.

"This is bullshit, I've heard of people who go to jail for way worse and get out within five years. All this was done under duress, by Clifford Blossom because he decided to kill his son because of the dirty secrets he was keeping. Instead of being a man, he threatened my dad and FP. When you can actually bring me good and helpful information don't bother coming back because this deal is shit." I walk out of the interrogation room.

I start to walk out of the station and head to my car. I hear footsteps behind me and I walk faster.

"Anna-Marie Jones." I stop in my tracks and turn around to face the man who was calling my name.

"Who's asking." I cross my arms and he pulls out his badge to show it to me.

"NYPD." I roll my eyes and sigh.

"What can I help you with..."

"Detective Grayson. But you can call me Jay."

"It's nice to meet you but you didn't answer my question."

"I talked to Sheriff Keller and he said you helped crack the murder of Jason Blossom."

"I'm surprised he acknowledged it considering he took the credit."

"What do you know about the drugs Clifford Blossom was transporting."

"Not much, I didnt know anything about it until they found the drugs. Now they're hitting the streets like crazy."

"Jingle Jangle, I was told about it. How would you like to help us catch the distributors."

"I would love too but I currently trying to keep my dad from going to prison for forty years." I turn back around to open my car door and he speaks.

"What if I told you I can help you with your dads problem." I turn back around and he walks closer.

"As fast as your dad goes in, is as fast as he'll be out."

"How."

"Why don't we go back to my hotel room so we can talk."
***
I pull up next to Jay and follow him inside the five seasons.

We get up to his room and I walk inside. I take off my jacket and set it on the rack.

"So what is it that you want me to do."

"Before we start assume, I know everything Anna. Besides I did some digging on you and your life. Think of it this way, your my unofficial partner and my CI."

"Okay." I sit down and lean against the table.

"What made you take an interest in Riverdale. Considering your a detective in New York."

"The drugs being transported as going into New York and they are being distributed on the streets."

"Oh. How can this help my dad."

"You help me, I pull a few strings and your dad will be out within a few weeks after he is processed. That is if you agree to help me."

"I'll help."

"That also includes looking into the Serpents."

"They don't deal." My phone was ringing and I look at it. My mom was calling me but I ignore her calls so I can finish talking to Jay.

"You may think that but you'd be surprised on what you find. I'll keep in contact with you. If you find out anything you call me." I nod and he writes his number down. He slides it over to me and I take it. I give him mine and stand up.

"I can tell this is going to be a great partnership." He says and I look over at him.

"We'll see." I walk out and go back down to my car.