𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚜

I walk with Betty and she looks over at me.

"Why didn't you come over to Veronica's last night. She really wanted you there."

"I wasn't feeling to good, with everything that's been going on. I just don't know what to do anymore."

"Everything will be okay." We get to her house and walk inside.

"Hey." Betty says and her mom and dad are sitting at the table.

"What's wrong?" Betty asks and I set my things down.

"Your mother got some fan mail."

"He calls himself the Black Hood and he wants us to publish this letter. He wants everyone to know that he shot Fred Andrews and Moose and Midge... and murdered Geraldine Grundy."

"Are you sure that this is real?"

"Oh, it's real, all right." She lays Mr. Andrews's wallet and Ms. Grundy's sunglasses on the table.

"Damn what a Narcissist. Mrs. Cooper can I see the letter."

"Of course dear." She hands it to me and Mr. Cooper gives me a look but I ignore it.

This is the Black Hood. I am the man who shot the adulterer at Pops. I killed the child predator in Greendale. I shot the drug- and sex-addicted teenagers at Lovers' Lane. Riverdale is not innocent. It's a town of hypocrites, degenerates, and criminals. My wrath is the price of your lies, secrets, and sins. I will not stop. I cannot be stopped. I am the wolf. You are the flock. This is the blood-letting. You will hear from me again.
***
"So this is the Red and Black." I take the sheets from the computers off and cough as the dust flies up in the air.

"Well, it's no New York Times."

"But, hey, kudos on finding your safe space, snowflake." I chuckle at Toni's remark and Jughead looks over at me.

"Where did you go when you got here."

"Bathroom. Would I use them again, no I wouldn't but desperate times." I wipe the dust off my hands and cross them over my chest.

"All I need now is a photographer with an amazing eye and a hunger for social justice, and I think I'll be set." The door opens and I look up to SweetPea walking in with some Serpents.

"Topaz. Let's bounce. Jones, Anna wanna come with? We're going to the quarry."

"Uh, I don't have my beach bod yet." Jug says before I could answer.

"What? You'll ask for help from the Serpents when you need it, but you won't hang with us? Don't come crawling to us, hat in hand, when some Ghoulie decides to earn his stripes by taking out FP Jones' kid."

"Duly noted. Thank you, Sweet Pea. I appreciate what you and the Serpents have done for me and my family. I do. But I'm done. Okay? No more favors coming your way." SweetPea advances toward him and I stop him and put my hand on his chest.

"Hey, hey, he made up his mind, okay? Take the hint, Sweet Pea. He's just not that into you." He stops and looks down at me. His features soften and he calms down.

"Let's motor. Catch you later, Jones" Toni says and I walk over to put things away.

"Anna you coming."

"Not, today Pea. I'm gonna go home after this." I give him a small smile and he nods. I wave and he leaves.

"You know SweetPea is a real piece of work."

"He's not all bad Jug. You just need to get to know him. He'll calm down once you get to know each other."

"You know this how."

"Well me and SweetPea are seeing eachother."

"Anna, I thought you guys were just friends. How long and how come you haven't told anyone."

"Since the drive in and I haven't told anyone because our friends don't exactly like the Serpents."

"That's true."

"Are you gonna be good by yourself. I'm gonna go take a nap at your place. Text me when your ready to come home." He nods and I walk out.