𝚂𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚘𝚙𝚜

I woke up and SweetPea had his arms wrapped around me. I turn to look at him and smile. I run my hands through his hair and he starts to stir so I pull my hand away.

"Who said for you to stop." He smiles and leans over to kiss me.

"Good morning."

"Morning." I get up and throw on his shirt before going to my closet.

"Come back to bed."

"I can't I have to go to school." I take a quick shower and put on my clothes.

I grab my jean jacket and put it on and SweetPea looks over at me.

"Why don't you wear your serpent jacket?"

"I don't think that's a good idea considering everyone thinks Fred was shot by a serpent." I walk over to him and he pulls me into his lap.

"Who gives a shit about what people think." He kisses me and I giggle.

"I usually don't SweetPea, but I have to pick and choose my battles right now." 

"Your life is so complicated, I'm glad I live on the Southside and occasionally your bed." He buries his head into the crook of my neck and kisses it.

"I really have to go now."

"Just stay with me."

"I can't but I can come by later." He falls back down on the bed and I kiss him before getting up.

"When you get ready to leave, lock up." I hand him my house keys and leave.
***
"It's another win for the bad guys. No one was there. His entire staff quit except Anna."

"I went over before school to pick up my paycheck and Pop said he's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open, maybe not even a week." I say and I was bummed because I liked working at Pop's and it was my first job.

"It's because of what happened to my dad. People are freaking out. And I gotta be honest, guys, I don't see myself going back any time soon."

"Wait, I'm sorry, am I hearing acceptance? I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place and you shouldn't either Archie." I say and Betty nods.

"Jug, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in." Betty puts her hand on his shoulder and he shakes his head.

"I can't take on any more social issues right now. My hands are full."

"With your dad, of course. And he should be your priority. So should you Anna. I'll take point on helping Pop Tate."

"I'll help, too, Betty. Hey, anything to get me away from my parents, I'm in." Veronica says and Betty nods.

"Another Bee and Vee team-up. They should really make a movie about you guys." I smile as I eat my salad. Jughead gets up and I look up at him.

"I gotta jet. I'm off to meet my dad's court-appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff's station."

"Anna, don't you have a meeting to." Archie asks and I nod.

"Not until later today after my mom gets off work. My mom wants all of us to be there when we talk to the lawyer."

"How is she doing by the way." Betty asks and I look over at her.

"She's doing better, she's trying to stay strong for us but I know she is still struggling with this." I give her a soft smile and Archie gets up too.

"I'm gonna come with Jug. I gotta drop some flyers off for Sheriff Keller." Archie gets up and Veronica kisses his cheek. I throw my salad tray away and get up to collect my things.

"Where are you going?" Veronica asks and I look over at her.

"I have to go finish some things for the blue and gold and then I'm gonna go home to get some rest before going down the the station." She nods and gets up to hug me and I hug her back.

"Everything is going to be okay." She pulls away and I wave to both Betty and Veronica before going back into the school.