𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚎

The sun was blazing down on us keeping us warm during these winter days but everyone else had something on their minds. I walk over to everyone who was sitting around.

"Don't fuck up my car."

"Thanks Reggie, you have so much faith in me." I say sarcastically.

"So this is what Serpent life is, you race cars for territory?" Kevin asks.

"Among other things. All I ask is that you be cordial to one another. We all want the same thing here and that's to get the Goulies out of here."

"Yeah, it's not the drag race I imagined myself going to but at least the guys are hot."

"Yeah you don't want anyone from the Goulies, they have rumors of cannibalism."

"No I was talking about him over there." I watch his eyes trail to none other then Sweet Pea. I laugh and shake my head.

"Yeah sorry Kev, he's taken." I pat his shoulder. Nick walks over and hands me Reggie's keys.

"I've never seen so many Bull Dogs on the Southside."

"Me neither, Reggie promised no fights." Nick says and I nod.

"All right, let's do this!" Tallboy says and I look over and sigh.

"I have to go, I'll talk to you guys later." I walk away. I walk past a group of Goulies and they start cat calling. I walk over to Sweet Pea and jump in his arms. He rests his hands under my thighs to hold me up. I press my lips to his and he continues to kiss me until I pull away.

"What's this for?"

"Just showing everyone who I belong to." He chuckles and kisses me again.

"I'll see you when this is over." He mumbles before pecking my lips.

"Yeah." I smile and he lets me down. There was a girl staring at me and it instantly caught my eye. She glared at both of us and then Malachi walks over and she looks away from us. I brush it off and walk over to Reggie's car. I get in the driver's seat and Archie was in the passenger along with Jughead in the back. 

"You guys ready for this." They both nod and I look over at Tallboy

"Get these cars up on the road."
***
I stand in front of Malachi with a smirk on my face and so does he.

"Race over Herk Harvey Bridge to Dead Man's Curve. First one back here wins." I smile and he nods before sticking his hand out.

"Goodluck your highness, because pretty soon the Serpent queen won't exist but the queen of the Ghoulies will."

"In your dreams." I pull my hand away and walk over to Reggie's car. Before I get in Cheryl walks over and kisses my cheek.

"What was that for?"

"Good luck." She walks away and pushes past Toni.

"Uh, I usually do the honors."

"Not today, Cha-Cha. I was born for this moment." Toni rolls her eyes and I chuckle before getting in.

"Engines warm and ready, ladies and gentlemen?" I wink at Cheryl and she waves the red ascot and I take off. I smile and look over at the Ghoulies. Malachi runs into the side of the car making me swerve but I keep it steady he does it again and I speed up to get away from him. 

"Anna, we're coming up to the bridge."

"I know. I got this."

"It's too narrow for both of us, Anna-Marie." I ignore him and he groans.

"Anna, we should abort."

"And let them win?"

"We will both crash on that bridge."

"Serpents are joining the Ghoulies over my dead body, Archie."

"I'm sorry, Anna, but I'm not down for those terms." Before I could reach over he pulls the emergency brake causing the car to spin. The car comes to a stop and I get out and so do Archie and Jughead. Jughead walks over and pushes Archie.

"Why would you do that?"

"Trust me, guys, you're gonna thank me for this." I hear the police sirens and I look over in the direction of them. 

I run over the bridge and Archie follows after me.

"Anna, stop! Anna!" I stop when I see Sheriff Keller and he looks at me and then I look over at Jay who looked disappointed.

"Come on, Anna, we gotta go. Come on." We jog back to the car and I get in before driving back to everyone. I drift onto the dirt and come to a complete stop before getting back out of the car. 

"Come on, we gotta go. Right now." Tall Boy walks over and grabs me by my jacket.

"You called the cops? You won't throw in with the Ghoulies, but you will with cops? Where's the honor in that?" 

"Calm down, Tall Boy. Do you think I knew Keller would be there?" I pull away and Archie looks over at me.

"I called Keller."

"What the hell, Archie? Did FP tell you about this, too?"

"No, this was my idea to get rid of the Ghoulies. It worked. They get arrested for racing, they're off the chessboard." He says and I push him. 

"For how long? One month? Three months? You know what they'll want on the other side? Your head on a stake! All of ours!" I throw Jughead the keys and get in my car, Nick was in the driver's seat and once I close the door he drives away. 

"What the hell happened." SweetPea asks and I didn't even notice he and Toni were in the backseat.

"Archie called Keller."
***
We get to my house and Jay was waiting in my driveway.

"You three stay here." I get out and walk up the driveway.

"What the hell were you thinking." Jay yells and I was so pissed I punched him in the face. He stumbles back and I glare at him.

"What the hell did you do."

"You said you wanted the Ghoulies gone, I did just that."

"Yeah, on Serpent terms, not yours. You wouldn't have known if Archie didn't open his mouth. I was handling the Ghoulies."

"They are being charged for drag racing, while we hold them I'm getting a warrant to search their place. We both got something out of this."

"No, you got what you wanted." I walk away and get back into my car and everyone was completely silent.

*Jughead's Narration*

In the end, the girl next door came clean about her dance macabre with the Black Hood and Anna came clean about her deal with agent Grayson. Further confirmation that everyone in Riverdale wears masks. Anna-Marie is still tangled in the limbs of the Jay Grayson and his hunt to rid this town of drugs while also looking for the satisfaction of catching yet another murderous killer in Riverdale. Case in point: Robert Phillips. By day, he is a kind, caring English-lit teacher, hiding his true identity, a ruthless drug dealer. Sweet dreams, Sugarman.