𝙷𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚊 𝚂𝚎𝚛𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝

"Damnit Sheriff, Dilton stabbed himself alright, the Serpent's wouldn't do that. When something is agreed upon the serpent's follow orders. A score was settled, no one was hurt except for Dilton who did it to himself."

"Why didn't you come to me."

"Because, you wouldn't have done anything. It doesn't matter anymore you'll only believe who you want to believe while the Southside suffers. Can you just let us go now." He nods and allows me to leave to collect the other Serpents.

My phone rings and I answer it

"I was wondering when you would answer."

"Who is this."

"This is the Black Hood speaking. I bet you had fun with the little cipher I left for Betty. You really do make a great team. Although, you're not as smart as you think you are." A dark rough voice echo's on the other end.

"What do you want?"

"Why were you delivered to me was it to help me or to stop me?"

"I just want to talk that all."

"No, you're helping a cop. You want to catch me. I don't want to hurt you Anna but my work is important and you interrupted that and I hate being interrupted. It's better if you leave me alone to do my work. I'm trying to set Riverdale on a righteous path."

"You know I can't do that."

"That's not what I wanted to hear." He hangs up and I put my phone down and run a hand through my hair.

"Who was that." I turn around and Jay walked over.

"Now you get here." He was waiting for me to answer his question.

"Our friend, The Black Hood."
***
After dealing with getting the Serpent's home Jay was waiting for me at my house.

"Based on our conversation, the Black Hood is a mission-oriented killer. He referred to the murders he committed as his work and asked me why I have been delivered to him. The word choices evoke a higher calling. That coupled with the victims that he has chosen are all sinners, Mr. Adrews was committing adultery, Ms. Grundy was a child predator, and Moose and Midge were taking drugs. This tells us that he views his mission as trying to cleanse Riverdale of it's sins. He also said we interrupted his work and I think he was referring to the town meeting."

"But if he's so concerned about trying to cleanse Riverdale why not start with the Southside." Jay asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know, everyone is forgetting the big picture, what if the Black Hood isn't from the southside but from the Northside. The way he talks it's almost like he's ashamed." My phone was continuously blowing up from SweetPea and I read the texts.

"I have to go. I have to go to the Wyrm to take care of some business."

"Yeah, be careful."

"Always. Nick let's go." He comes downstairs and I hand him his jacket.
***
I walk into the Wyrm with Nick behind me and walk over to where Toni and Fangs were sitting. I sit down in the empty seat and sigh.

"What's wrong." Toni asks and I look over at her.

"Nothing, just stress." I reassure them and SweetPea walks over.

"Hey." I smile and he gestures for me to follow him. 

"Nick wait here." He nods and I follow Sweet Pea up the stairs to the office he locks the door behind us. 

"Where did you go after you dropped me off."

"Home, I just needed to clear my head."

"Did you deal with the Northsiders too."

"No, not yet." I chuckle.

"Keller didn't give you a hard time did he."

"No. He barely even questioned us last night. Seemed to not really care. Just need someone to pin it on. Make an example out of us."

"We'll figure it out, once I do my initiation everything is going to change, I promise." I kiss him and he kisses me back. I pull away and smile.

We walk out of the room and go downstairs. I sit back down with Toni and Fangs. Nick was talking to Fangs about something leaving me to talk with Toni about what was going to happen. SweetPea walks by and starts to play a game of pool with Tall Boy. He then fixes his gaze on the door where Jughead was walking in.

"I think this Northsider's lost." I stand up and walk over.

"I'm not. I'm over being half a Serpent."

"Wow. You will do anything to protect your Northside buddies." SweetPea walks past him and pushes him out of the way. I put my hand on SweetPea's shoulder and he looks down at me.

"My father was a Serpent. He led you. I wanna stand with you guys." Jughead says and I nod. I stand on the pool table and SweetPea looks up at me.

"Tall Boy was the one who gave us these jacket. It's finally time we start wearing them." I say and Tallboy walks over. He looks at Jughead and nods

"So, now you wanna be Serpents, huh? Let's see if you survive the initiation first."

He then turns to me and I nod.

"The Serpent Queen has come home." He yells and everyone cheers.

"You three will be doing your initiations together." I look over at Jughead and give him a small smile. He nods and walks away.

"Let's celebrate." Tallboy says and everyone was grabbing drinks. My phone started to ring and I slip out while everyone was distracted.

"Hello"

"The letters were a dead end, there was no match between either of them. Sorry kid, either it was someone messing with you guys or we have to consider a possibility there are two of them."

"Alright thank you Jay." He hangs up and Sweet Pea walks out and I smile.

"Is everything okay."

"Yeah, just my mom. Just wanted to know where I was." He nods and pulls me into a hug.

"Come on let's go back inside and celebrate."

"Sounds good." I smile and we go back inside.