𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙸𝚝 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍

I get home and throw my keys down on the entry table, I walk over to the kitchen where Nick was doing homework. I sit down across from him and he looks up.

"Did you have any luck at your code-breaking group session?"

"It was going good until Betty subtly suggested that it was a Southsider and then Toni said that she was just avoiding the fact that she thought it was a Serpent. And then I yelled at them and told them to grow up."

"That bad." I nod. 

"I mean am I doing the right thing? FP has kept the peace for years and now that he's gone everything has just gone to shit. How am I supposed to keep the peace if I can't even keep two of my friends from fighting?" 

"It takes time Anna, you just have to get them to listen. Lucky for you Jughead and I will be there to help you. This isn't something that can just happen overnight you need to take your time. Focus on what's ahead and just take it one step at a time."

"Who would have thought you could be so wise."

"Even a genius needs help sometimes." I roll my eyes and chuckle. I get up and grab my things to go to my room. 

"You're the best."

"So I've been told." Nick answers back and I close my bedroom door.
***
I had come home after school the next day only to find, Jay sitting on my front porch waiting for me.

"Hey, what up."

"I thought I'd come to talk to you about the results of that Jingle Jangle you gave me.

"Oh, yeah. Come inside before someone sees you." We go inside and I set my things down on the couch and we go into the kitchen and sit down to talk about the results.  He pulls the paper from his bag and hands it to me. 

"So this stuff is no joke, after the lab ran the toxicology they concluded that it has a mixture of the effects of meth and cocaine. Total gutter drug and it has been perfected to be consumed through the mouth."

"I talked to my boyfriend about this he said the Goulies are the ones selling this stuff, only thing is I have no idea where they are getting the supplies or even making it."

"Well, the first thing we have to do is find where they are making this stuff and we can find the supplier that way. As for the Black Hood how is the cipher coming along."

"I swear I've seen the symbols before but I just can pinpoint where I've seen them. I've looked through every possible cipher book that the librarian had and nothing." My brother walks in and he sees Jay.

"Who's this." We both look at each other and then I look back at Nick.

"This is Detective Grayson." I smile and he walks over so I can explain everything to him. 
***
After explaining everything to Nick, he took everything surprisingly well.

"So you're helping him find out who is dealing drugs in exchange for getting dad out of prison."

"Yeah."

"Have you told mom?"

"Not yet but I will eventually, I just think it's best this stays between us." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"You think. If the Serpents find out then they'll never trust us."

"Speaking of Serpents, why are they going to your friend's house?" Nick and I both get up and look out the window with Jay.

"What the hell is going on." 

"I'm about to go find out." I grab my jacket from the coat rack and Nick walks over.