𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

I get to my house and SweetPea pulls up behind me. I sit in my car for a few minutes and sigh before getting out to open the front door. I have been so worried about my dad and FP that I haven't had that much of a good night's sleep since they were dragged to jail. Now that Mr. Andrews has been shot and not knowing if he was going to make it only made this stress worse. I set my keys in the key bowl and I walk upstairs. I grab SweetPea's hand and he follows me upstairs to my room.

"I'm gonna change." He nods and I walk over to my closet and pull out a clean t-shirt and a pair of joggers before taking off my bloody clothes. and throwing them to the side. I put the fresh clothes on and walk back over to SweetPea and lay down next to him. He wraps his arms around me and I fall asleep to the sound of his soft breathing.
***
It had been about an hour before my phone started ringing and I turn over to grab it.

"Hello."

"Hey Anna, meet us at Pops."

"Betty."

"Yeah, meet us at Pops, Archie asked if we can look for his dad's wallet because it wasn't in his things.

"Alright give me like five minutes to grab my things and I'll be over there."

"Okay. Be careful. " She hangs up and I sigh before slowly slipping from SweetPeas grasp. I grab my bag and the camera Cheryl had gotten me. I slip my phone into my pocket and I look over when SweetPea starts to move.

"Sneaking out of your own house?" He teases and I smile before walking over to kiss him.

"I didn't want to wake you, Betty asked me to meet her at Pops, I guess she's looking for Mr. Andrews wallet."

"And you need a whole army." I roll my eyes and kiss him again. He pulls me into his lap and continues to kiss me and I giggle before pulling away.

"I need to go. You act like I'm gonna be gone forever. I'm going to Pops and then back to the hospital. If you want you can come with me."

"No, I should get back to the Wyrm and find out who shot your friend's dad." He kisses me again and I wrap my arms around his neck. I hear the rain tapping on my window and I look over.

"Since when did it start raining?" I chuckle and we both get up. I put my camera in my bag so it doesn't get wet and I turn around.

"Alright, you ready?" I ask and he nods. I grab his hand and we intertwine our fingers as we walk down the stairs. I grab my keys and an umbrella before walking out the door and locking up. We stood under the umbrella and I look up at him.

"Thank you again for doing this, I know it's not easy." He leans down and pecks my lips.

"No problem."

"Please be careful. I hate the fact that you have to drive in the rain. You can leave it in the garage and I can take you when I'm done at Pops."

"It's fine, it's not that bad right now." He smiles before kissing me again. I pull away and walk over to my car. I get in and watch SweetPea get on his bike before leaving.
***
I get to Pops and cut my engine before going inside to see Betty and Jughead already talking to Pop.

"Pop, we heard about what happened. We just got back from the hospital to look for Mr. Andrews' wallet. It's missing."

"Is he..."

"He's out of surgery. We'll know more when he wakes up."

"All right. The police have already looked. But if you wanna double-check, he was in that booth, there." I walk over and I stand next to Jughead.

"So, uh... What happened, Pop? From your point of view?" I ask as I pull out my camera to take a few pictures. There was a bloody footprint and I take a picture of that as well.

"I wish I knew. As soon as that gun turned off me, I... God help me, I dove. I don't even remember calling the police, but I guess I did." He seemed ashamed and I gave him a soft smile.

"Hey, how much cash did the creep end up taking, Pop?" Jug asks.

"Not a penny."

"I knew it. What kind of thief shoots up a joint and then doesn't take a single dollar bill?" Jughead says and I look over at him.

"He wasn't a thief. Over the years, this place has been robbed many times. Bricks through the windows, even, during the riots. I've looked plenty of thugs in the eye, but this man... His goal was something else. Darker. It was like the Angel of Death had come to Riverdale." Pop goes into a trance and Jughead chuckles.

"Jeez, Pop, lighten up. You sound like the cranky old guy in the Friday the 13th movies. "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here," Jughead says and I look over at him.

"From what I've heard, I think Pop is the most accurate. Nobody comes in here to "steal money" and then kills someone without taking a single penny. If the wallets are not here then the guy grabbed it."

"For what."

"Souvenir, by taking a souvenir it's almost like he's trying to relive the fantasy."

"The wallet's not here." Betty walks over and I nod.

"See." Jughead chuckles and shakes his head.

"Hey, you kids hungry?" Pop asks and I shake my head.

"Oh, no, we're good, Pop."

"Oh, I'm always hungry, yeah." I look at Jug and I shake my head. We sit down at the counter and Pop goes in the back to make us burgers.

"You know Pop is right. The angel of darkness thing. I read it in my mythology class that the angel of darkness takes the sinners and drags them to hell. I mean it's not like this man is dragging them to hell but he might believe he's doing God's work."

"Are you sure Anna a religious driven serial killer in Riverdale."

"Seems fitting for the times, but it's to early to tell but that is my best guess." Pop brings out our burgers and milkshakes. Jughead starts eating and Pop goes back into the kitchen. We were all quiet until Jug breaks the silence.

"In times of crisis, some people lose their appetite. But me, mine increases tenfold. I haven't eaten since last night." He says and I chuckle.

"I don't want to be thinking about this while Mr. Andrews is how he is... But last night, when you put on the Serpent jacket, it meant something, Jug." Betty says and I look over at her.

"Yeah, it meant there were, like, ten biker dudes standing in front of me and I didn't think I could say no."

"It fit you like a glove, Jug. Like a second skin. And the look on your face... You weren't acting for the Serpents. And now you're riding a motorcycle, which you've never done."

"Betty, I'm not a Serpent, okay? That might be my dad's life, but it's not mine."

"What about your soon-to-be foster family? They're from the Southside. If they have ties to the Serpents, they could try to..."

"Indoctrinate me? Don't worry."

"If it helps they came to see me and Nick last night to. They put a Serpent patch on my white leather jacket."

"Anna, what did you do."

"I put the jacket on, there was nothing I could do. My mom wasn't happy but, it's not like I'm joining the Serpents. Anyway, Jug what are you going to do about the foster family?

"I've actually made a decision about that. They'll cover for me with my social worker, but I'm not even going to be staying with them. I'm gonna be at the trailer. My dad's trailer."

"What? Why?"

"Betty...Archie almost lost his dad. He may still. And facing facts, my dad is going away for a long-ass time. Wearing that jacket and riding his bike, living in the trailer... Does mean something. Just kinda hoping that it means I'll always be close to him no matter what."

"I don't want to see you guys getting hurt. Or hurting someone else. Not because you did it on purpose, but because that's the Serpents' world. That's how they live. Isn't it? I just don't want either of you going down that path."

"We'll be okay." I reassure Betty and she nods.