𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐

*Jughead's Narration*

Our story continues. The Mayor's Jubilee was supposed to change everything. Be a new start. But when we woke up the next morning, Riverdale was still, at its heart, a haunted town. Meanwhile, Archie Andrews, who doesn't even have a driver's license yet, is at this very moment careening down the streets of Riverdale, trying to outrace death. Now, I don't believe in miracles, usually, but it was a miracle that Archie got his dad to Riverdale General without wrecking the truck.

*Anna's Pov*

I race to the hospital without a care in the world because all I knew was that my best friend Archie Andrews was now in a state of shock because his father Fred Andrews was now clinging to life.

I park the car in an awkward position and I get out of the car followed by Nick. We run inside and Archie comes walking over. I immediately embrace him in a hug and he buries his head in my hair. I didn't care about my blood-stained clothes all I cared for was that Archie was ok.

"Archie what happened."

"A man, he tried to rob Pop's and he turned his gun to my dad and shot him. I didn't know what to do, I panicked and I brung him here. I don't know if I made it worse."

"You did the right thing Archie, ok. He's gonna be fine. Did you call your mom."

"I was just about to."

"Okay, call your mom. I'll be here when you get back ok." He nods and I walk over to where everyone else was.

"Mom. Do not start this."

"Start what?" I ask and she looks at me and Jughead.

"Well, of course, I can't help but wonder if your Southside associates had anything to do with what happened to Fred."

"Alice, relax."

"Unbelievable." Nick scoffs and I roll my eyes.

"At least you can't accuse my father or Sam of being the shooters, considering there in jail." Jughead says and gets up. I glare at Alice and she looks away.

Sheriff Keller walks in and walks over to Archie. I walk over with Jughead and he greets us.

"Sheriff."

"How's your dad doing?"

"He's still in surgery."

"Archie, I know this is a hell of a time for you, but... perhaps we could go somewhere and talk about what happened."

"Is it cool if we tag along?" Jug asks and Sheriff Keller looks at us.

"Actually, if you don't mind..."

"Yeah, that'd be great, Jug." Archie gives both of us a smile.
***
"He was maybe '135". pounds or so. And he was wearing dark pants and a dark jacket?"

"Anything on that jacket? Any symbol or insignia?"

"You mean like a snake?" I ask and Sheriff Keller looks over at me and sighs.

"No, it was just a jacket. No snake."

"And the ski mask that he had on..."

"No, it's not a ski mask. It's a hood, a black hood. Homemade, like he'd cut the eyes out himself. And the guy's eyes were green."

"Now, Pop Tate had a fairly good idea of what happened up until when your father was shot. And then, well... There are some gaps. And I need you to help me fill those. What did he do, our masked man?"

"After he shot my dad? He..." Archie freezes for a second and then looks at the table.

'Nothing. He shot my dad and ran out of the diner. Who did this, Sheriff?"