𝙽𝚎𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

SweetPea has his arm around me the whole time we are walking through the Ghoulie's den and I keep my nose tucked away into his jacket.

"SweetPea what are you doing here." Tall Boy growls and I look up at him.

"I brought him why does it matter. If you help FP make decisions why can't I bring SweetPea or my brother? Now I believe we have some business to discuss." Malachai walks over and gives SweetPea a dirty look and I ignore it.

"The floor is yours your highness." Malachai mocks and I roll my eyes before speaking.

"Me and my boys... wanna challenge you to a race. If we win... Serpents remain autonomous... and you quit dealing at Southside High."

"First off, I'd just like to say that you live on the northside princess what does the southside matter to you."

"Because even though I'm from the Northside, I'm still a Serpent by blood and the Serpents are my family."

"And if we win?"

"We fold... and you can continue polluting Southside with your little straws of death."

So, the mighty Serpent Princess has some stones, but not much else. So, unless Your highness wants to put some of FP's territory on the table, I got no reason to agree to a race." The door to the den opens and two ghoulies drag Veronica and Betty in."

"They were following me. Tried to get in the garage."

"Veronica?"

"Betty?"

"Archie?"

"Jughead?"

"Anna? What are you doing here?" We all say in unison and I was beyond confused.

"Wait. So, these are your bitches?"

"I beg your misogynistic pardon?" Veronica says and I groan.

"Why don't you take your skanks and get the hell out of here? Until you make me a better offer, there'll be no race." I look at SweetPea and then Jughead and I turn to Malachai.

"If you win... we'll give you the Whyte Wyrm. You can expand your drug-dealing horizons and upgrade out of this literal hellhole."

"What, Anna..."

"We'll take the Wyrm and Sunnyside Trailer Park."

"Fine." I shake his hand and he smiles. I pull away and he points at SweetPea.

"Your lucky you're here with her, I don't want to see your face around here anymore you snake or I will skin you. I see the taste is still the same anyway, all you ever want is royalty."

"You don't have to worry about that Malachai." SweetPea gets in his face and I stop him.

"He's not worth it Pea. Let's go, were done." We start to walk out and SweetPea pulls me to him and Malachai laughs.

"But you can bring your fine ass back anytime princess." SweetPea tenses up and I hold onto him.

"Ignore him." I mumble and we walk out of their garage. I lean against my car and sigh.

"Baby you couldn't have made any other choice."

"I wouldn't of had to give up so much of our territory if they didn't show up. God they ruin everything." I punch my car door and leave a small dent.

"Hey don't hurt yourself." He grabs my hand and kisses it.

"I think your spending to much time with me, my anger is getting to you." He chuckles and I couldn't help but chuckle too.

"If you think about it, they didn't know you were going to be there." Betty and Veronica walk out with Jughead and Archie and I sigh.

"I guess your right." He smiles.

"That must have been painful to say. I know." He hugs me and I laugh. Everyone walks over and I sigh.

"Come on, I'll take you guys home."
***
"So you two want to tell me why you were following a Goulie." I ask both girls as I drive them home.

"We're trying to find the sugar man." Betty says and I look over at her.

"I'm sorry, who."

"The sugar man he worked with Clifford Blossom, he's the one who's helping distribute the drugs. We thought the Goulies might be able to take us to him." I shake my head.

"God I can't believe I might loose territory over this. The Goulies are lower on the food chain then you think. They won't talk to him directly."

"What about their leader."

"Malachai, no he wouldn't know either. Somebody else is pulling the strings. When it comes to this stuff there are levels of hierarchy. Goulies are mere foot shoulders who do the packing and distributing, then there's Malachai the leader of the Goulies he calls the shots. Then there gonna be the supplier who gives them the supplies to make the drugs who then gets that from whoever worked closely with Clifford Blossom, who is also going to distribute to other states. The drug trade is very tedious, in fact I think maybe you should talk to the source it self." I shrug and they both look at me.

"I tried talking to Cheryl and she shut me down so..." Betty says.

"I understand but at least you went to her. If there one thing you guys should know about Cheryl is that she'll come through. You guys just need to wait it out." I drop Veronica off first and then take Betty home.
***
The next day the we worked on Reggie's car for the race. I leaned against the car and sighed.

"God bless Reggie Mantle and his inferiority complex. His car's a lot like him. It's beautiful to look at... but not much going on under the hood." Betty looks over at me.

"Um, crescent wrench, please." I dig through the box until I find it. I hand it to Betty and she smiles.

"Thank you. So, this is what Serpents do for fun, huh? Street-race rival gangs?"

"Just go ahead and say it, Betty." Jughead snaps and I look over at him.

"You said you weren't gonna join them, Jug."

"And you said you loved me, and then you dumped me via Archie. Which, by the way, way worse than via text." She sighs and I get off the car and walk away.

"I'm sorry, Jughead. It won't make any sense... but everything around us was imploding, and I did it to protect you." The Serpents that were here were not helping but it was good to have them around so the Goulies wouldn't try to sabotage anything.

Sweet Pea was drinking a beer and he looks up when I walk over.

"What's going on over there."

"They are working out their post breakup problems."

"Glad we don't have to do that." He pulls me into his lap and I kiss him.

"So who's going to be driving this thing."

"Me, Reggie's letting us use his car on the condition that I'd be the one to drive it." He nods and I lay be head on his shoulder and hug his waist.

"You'll be okay. Besides I was thinking that maybe we can kick everyone out of here and christen the car for good luck."

"For one no, the race is tomorrow and two it is not my car."

"No one needs to know." He kisses my neck and I giggle.

"Your something else, get me through this race and I'll think about it." I kiss his cheek before getting up to go finish helping Betty.