Ward 45 : Answer Me

"Many times when prayers are not answered, it is because they are conflicting with the will of God".

-Henry Hon, One: Unfolding God's Eternal

🌼🌼🌼
"Do you want me to see all the women inside your office,huh Harix?"

Drayan announced her ruthless entrance through throwing this question on her husband's face.

Every day the room of Harix was always occupied by one of his women.He was always busy entertaining his female guests. Today Drayan saw the lady doctor talking to her husband in a seductive way.

She didn't want to accomodate the jealousy that tugged in the string of her heart.But no matter she would deny her true feelings, it would still leak like a gas inside the tank.

"Watch your mouth woman"

Harix answered while trying to sit comfortably,he was readying himself from unending “word war”

"And guard your married status" Drayan fired back.

"What did you see? Did you see us rolling over on the floor? On the table?"

Harix asked in a serious tone his wife who wanted to charge him of infidelity. He was a bad man and he already knew it,but if the purpose of this argument was to reminisce again his bad act,he would surely react,Drayan should stop on replaying the bad scene because he already miraculously passed this dark stage.

"You are disgusting"

"I am asking you,I am not validating it"

"You are about to do that,but I entered your office unannounced"

"How sure are you,that I was about to do that?"

"You are a man Harix"

"Thank you for telling me that" Harix sarcastically replied while making his face passive.

"Don't you get it? She is a woman,Paula is a woman,Doc Lea is a woman,Nurse stef is a woman,and you are a man Harix"
Due to nervousness brought by her husband's powerful look, the wife just mindlessly enumerated the name of the women connected to her husband.

"Are you telling me that all Eve and Adan are going to do that, irrespective of place and time? " The husband questioned unbelievably. He wanted to ask if since when his wife became malicious minded and judgmental.

He was always confident that his wife was like a rose too,she was both kind and beautiful.

But maybe she was still a rose,she just hated him.

"Nothing is impossible to you"

"Yes you assumed that I will rape them all"

"It's not like that"

"It is, you are rubbing it on my face again" and now the passive face was gone and it was being replaced by a fuming face.

"You didn't get me, this is not just all about you,can't you see, those women are looking at you with full of infatuation,can you reciprocate it all?"

Drayan could see that those women she had seen in her husband's office were not only exposing their body but also their hearts.

"Why do you care? Since when did you give a damn to those women around me?"

"I am your wife"

"But you are depriving me of my right, and you never act like one"

"That's why you, you"

"I what? Come on say it"

"You are unfaithful, monster,maniac, pervert"

"I am honored to perform all your imagination, but I am hungry,let's go somewhere"

He surrendered to their “word war” in which no one would benefit .The more they produce those cruel words,the more they would hurt each other.So the doctor decided to let his wife win in order to close the argument.

"Go alone,don't pretend that we are okay"

"I am hungry Drayan,now choose meat or flesh?"

"You are hopeless"

"Okay that means it's meat then,Nurse stef, cancelled my meeting first and rescheduled it after lunch"
Harix said when they passed by on Nurse Stef's desk
__________

They were inside the car now, but before they could leave the hospital Harix received a call from Leo.

"What's wrong Harix?"

Harix's right hand was shaking, and his tears were unconsciously running from his face.

"Harix what's wrong?"
She asked again, she even held his face so that he would talk.

Without answering her, Harix removed the seatbelt from his body.

"Harix you are making me scared,at least tell me what's happening"

"Abhi...baba.."

Drayan removed the seat belt too.

"Did? ...did something bad happen?"

Drayan asked worriedly while holding her husband's right hand to comfort him.Just a while ago she was angry and detesting him but now she was holding him.

All those words she said were due to uncontrollable emotions, because she was scared that her husband would love someone else. After all the unsecured heart would immediately react if she felt threatened.

She hated him now, but beyond the ladder of hate was a door of undying love.You could be angry at someone but unloving them was a different story.

"Abhi called,he he..."

"He what? Maybe we should go back"

Harix nodded and they both ran to reach his baba's room.

Harix couldn't register the news given by his abhi. He was shocked, but at the same time pleased.

They ran until they opened the door, and the first man he saw was his abhi,and then his annem and then his maestro and then his baba.

Drayan embraced her husband ,she was crying too and then they walked to the white bed and Harix immediately hugged his old man.

"Finally, you reciprocated this hug"
He was crying.Tears of belongingness, regret and joy. He was thankful and grateful for the answered prayer.

"Haha...all thanks to the creator above son" his baba answered him and hugged him tightly as if he was compensating all the hugs he received from his insolent son but now the good and the best son.