Ward 32 : Free Me

Perhaps unrequited love was a specter in the house, a presence that brushed at the edge of senses, a heat in the dark, and a shadow under the sun. – Sherry Thomas

🌼🌼🌼

"Dray an! Drayan what happened?"

Mrs.Gracia panicked when she saw her daughter's bad state.
"My world is moving, annem"

"I will bring you to the hospital, wait I will call your husband first"

"Noo,annem,no annem"
Drayan immediately reacted.The agreement of three days was being extended to four days. She had been in her annem's house for four days.

The doctor intended to get her there, but he couldn't find time due to hospital work that he couldn't easily abandon.He missed his wife and he wished she would go home already.

"But he needs to know"

"No please"Drayan had no plan on telling her husband.She had enough,he hurt the girl many times,the sack of patience had already been filled,she admitted now that her feelings couldn't be reciprocated.

"But why my dear?, okay2x let me bring you to his hospital"

"Just bring me to the nearest hospital"
Her annem wondered about her weird reaction every time his husband would be mentioned, but the concerned woman didn't inquire further and reminded herself to note this matter

________

"I can't believe it, it is you again"
Doc Rick almost explored all the hospitals.Here he was now acting as doctor to Drayan. This was his new assigned place.He was a field doctor, he didn't stay permanently in one hospital.

"I am sorry, but you are?"
Drayan was still battling with nausea, that's why there was still confusion in her vision.

"Doc Harix's abhi"

"Oww yes"

"You have been here for two days, and yet, I still couldn't find my little bro's shadow, shall I inform him?"

"No!"

"An abrupt answer, the fact that you are here and not in his hospital smell suspicious"

"This hospital is nearer to my mom's house,I am on a vacation"

"But I guess he deserves to know about your current condition"

"I am fine"

"I am the doctor here"

"I am the one carrying this body"

"Okay2x I will not stress you out, take a rest now"

“Thank you”

"By the way, I want to warn you"

"Is there something wrong with my health?"

"No it's not about your health, it is about your heart"

"My heart?"

"Annem chosen fiancé for Harix finally came back,did you know Paula?"

"No?"

"What about Doc Lea?"

"I don't know what you are talking about"

"They are Harix's women"

Drayan kept silent.She didn't compose a sentence. Mrs.Kana didn't mention it to her.She remembered the cardigan,Drayan concluded that one of the names that were being mentioned was one of the owners of it.

"Don't think too much ,it was not good for your health, who knows my little bro wants someone who is peculiar?, enough for my talk I will let you rest"

Drayan just nodded and closed her eyes, but not her mind.
____
"What happened to her?"
Harix was still able to locate his wife because of his mother-in-law.