Seventeen

*warning* there is some triggering stuff in this chapter so yeah.

Y/N's POV

Four months. It's been four months since my adventure with Mirabel and Camilo. Since then a lot has changed. For one, me and Mirabel have become even closer. Most nights I stay with the Madrigals. Second is.. Camilo's been off. He makes jokes and smiles a lot, but it almost feels like he is faking it. 

I've tried talking to him about it, but he shrugs it off and plays it off with one of his hot smiles. Yeah you heard me right HOT. I have come to the conclusion that I have a big MASSIVE crush on Camilo. Only problem is that with the new change in his personality, we haven't really been as close as we were after the incident with Casita. 

Tonight I am getting ready to go have dinner with the Madrigals. I go over every Tuesday. It's our little tradition. I wear one of my favorite outfits inspired by none other than Camilo. 

I put my hair in a bun and let a few pieces fall at the side

I put my hair in a bun and let a few pieces fall at the side. I have been told I look a little like Camilo, so of course I see it now. I look myself over and smile. "Y/N! You're going to be late!" Mama shouts. 

"COMING!" I say.

I run down the stairs and give Mama and Papa a kiss. It's a family thing. 

I leave the house and go skipping towards the Madrigals. The lights shine bright and the Candle is nestled in Alma's window. Alma has apologized to everyone individually, Camilo's was the longest. We obviously forgave her, considering it technically wasn't even her fault. We had to catch her up on a lot of stuff too, she kind of missed a lot since her mind was taken over by the mist. 

"Y/N!" Mirabel shouts. 

we greet each other and I walk in. The familia is running around, Pepa is shooing Antonio and Felix to the table while Dolores is talking to Isabela. I see everyone but Camilo. Whatever he's always napping. Besides, he could be here morphed as someone else. 

Me and Mirabel hung out in her room till dinner. We went to the table and I sat down in between her and Pepa. Everyone was there except Camilo. Pepa looked annoyed. "I told him to be down at seven. CAMILO!!!" She shouted. 

We all plugged our ears waiting for more but she just waited. Finally Camilo appeared. He looked rough, like he had been crying but washed his face and now just looked droopy. "Sorry Mami, I...lost track of time." He said stifly. 

He gave me a smile and sat down next to Antonio. Pepa just shook her head and Casita moved him next to her. Now I was sitting in between him and Mirabel. He groaned and looked down at his plate. That was...odd...

"La familia madrigal!" Alma said as we all stood up.

We repeated the phrase and sat down, now ready to eat. I ate like a pig considering I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I wanted to have room for Julieta's amazing food. 

After eating two full plates, I turned to look at Camilo's. He hadn't even finished his first plate. This was odd considering he usually ate more than me. He was constantly morphing into Dolores so he could steal extra. 

I poked him in the arm and raised my eyebrows. He turned to me and only shrugged his shoulders before putting his face in his hands and glaring down at his food. A strangled cry left his lips a few seconds later when I assumed Pepa pinched him. 

"What does self harm mean?" Antonio suddenly asked.

Pepa nearly choked on her food while Augustin spewed his water across the table getting Isabela all wet. "PAPA!" She screamed.

This. was. a. mess. 

"Honey, WHERE did you learn that word from?!" Pepa shouted. 

A storm was arising on her head. This was not going to end well. "Well, I saw someone cutting their arms and I asked Mr. Cano the street vender what it meant and he said it was called self harm. He told me to ask you guys about it." Antonio said. 

We were all staring at him like crows. Who was cutting themselves?! It had to be someone in this family. 

"Honey, who did you see cutting themselves?" Julieta asked calmly. 

Antonio looked down, fumbling with his thumbs. whoever it was, was definitely at this table. I looked around to find someone who looked anxious. That didn't work. Everyone was anxious. I looked at Camilo and he seemed to be looking anywhere but at us. I looked back at Antonio and he was looking at Camilo. No, no, no, no....

"C-Camilo?" Pepa asked slowly. 

Camilo looked down. His eyes were glazed over. He wouldn't look up. My heart dropped as his didn't say anything. 

"Camilo, are you...are you cutting yourself?" Felix asks, breaking the silence. 

Camilo pushes his chair away and stands up. He walks away before anyone can say anything. We all get up but hesitate and let Pepa go after him. I sit back down and look at my plate. He's been hurting himself and I've been too caught up in my own life to notice. I start crying. No one tries to comfort me because everyone else has tears falling down their face. No one can help a broken Familia. not one like this. 

Camilo's POV

I sit in my bed, my knees curled up to my chest. That's when the tears start falling. It started about three months ago. Things had gotten back to normal and I was feeling happy for once. But when I started feeling pain again, I knew I couldn't do that to the family. I was the life of the party. The funny one doesn't hurt inside. I had to hide it. And cutting was the next best thing. No one knew because when I was done I just ate an Ara-pas. 

Now that my family knows..I don't know what I am going to do. I put my head in my knees and cry. I've never cried this much. 

I knock comes from my door and Mami comes in. Great. 

She walks in slowly. She stands there looking at me in pity as I cry into my hands. She finally comes over and just hugs me. Sitting by my side rubbing my back as I cry even harder. She traces circles in my back and it seemingly helps. My breathing slows and only a few tears  are falling now. 

"Camilo...why are you doing this to yourself?" She asks. 

I rub my eyes and try to explain but it just comes out as a jumble of words. She somehow understands and nods. "Camilo, we will never get mad at you if you have a bad day. We all get them. I for one get many." She says. 

I slowly nod. What did I do to deserve such a loving family? 

We sit like this for what feels like forever before Papi comes in. He sits by my side, seemingly understanding why I did what I did. We stay this way until my eyes get droopy and I fall asleep. For once sleeping in comfort.