Eight

A/N: Fun fact: eight is my least favorite number to spell because I suck at spelling it. I got it right on the first go though! lets go!!!!

Camilo's POV

The door shuts behind us and Alma sternly grabs the bag from around Mirabel, causing her to let out a shriek. I have to say...that was more gentle than normal. 

"What is this?" She asks, waving it up in the air like it's evidence from a crime scene. 

This room is going to be a crime scene no doubt. 

"It's tio Bruno's vision. The Casita is breaking! We have to fix it!" Mirabel shouts in a rushed voice. 

With every word that comes out of her mouth, Alma gets more and more angry. All I want to do is cover her trap and keep her from talking, but that would probably get me in even more trouble for handling a lady like that. 

Alma raises her hand and comes crashing down on the two of us. Lucky shot...We both fall to the ground gasping. I feel a twitch and I am Mirabel, then Y/N, then Alma. Not again...

She grabs me and throws me on the other side of the room. Strong for an old woman...

I crash onto the side of the wall, my ribs aching. It really doesn't help that I still feel bad from earlier tonight, and that I haven't had any of Julieta's food. She brings her hand down again on Mirabel. I shout for her to stop but I think I've just made things a hole lot worse...

Y/N's POV

The door shuts and I hear a shriek. Mirabel! I rush to the door and hear shouting. What is with Alma? I've always looked up to her as a role model. And because they were actually worried for the house..they are going to get beat up and it's probably all my fault. "Casita! Do something!" I shout at the stupid floors. 

The tiles give a flappy motion. They clearly can't go further than the door. I groan and try to open the door, but it's locked. 

I hear a crash like the sound of a body being hurtled. No no no no. 

I run down the stairs calling for Pepa. When she sees me in my state of ripped clothes and tears running down my face she rushes towards me. I try and tell her everything through stifled sobs. The more I go on the darker the room gets, and before I know it, we are running up the stairs, rain clabboring onto our skin. 

Camilo's POV

I am too weak to stand. Too weak to do anything. I am forced to watch as Alma goes down again and again on poor Mirabel. I wish I could take her place. I wish it sooo much. I can't stand it. 

The room is spinning and my vision is tapping in and out. I hear scrambled steps and the door is swinging open. Mami! Y/N! I try and say something but it doesn't let out. Instead I black out. Yet the pain only gets worse. 

Y/N's POV

We storm into the room. Quit literally with the storm brewing above Pepa's head. We come in to see Alma beating Mirabel! This is NOT happening!!!! 

Pepa pushes Alma aside and carries the poor baby. From all the ruckus, Mirabel's parents storm into the room as well. They take Mirabel from Pepa's arms and we turn to the other side of the room. A sob leaves my mouth as I see Camilo unconscious, and that filthy rat of a grandmother pounding him out. 

"ALMA." Pepa's voice thunders through the room. 

Alma looks up and Pepa pushes past her. Leaving her sprawled on the floor muttering to herself. I have a feeling this isn't her exact doing...something is up.

I rush to Pepa who has Camilo cradled in her arms. He is bleeding and what looks to be in a minor coma. "Juliata, please." Pepa cries out to Mirabel's mami. 

She nods and the two mothers take their hurt children down the stairs, Casita making the trip easy for them. 

In the kitchen there is soothed talking. I am a mess and I need to get home so I run for the door. But it shuts. 

"Y/N....I just wanted to say thank you." Isabela says, coming up from behind me.

The usually perfect Bonita has mascara running down her face. Her hair is in knots and her dress looks like it has been through the washing machine wayyy to many times. 

I only hug her. Sobbing into her shoulder. As she rubs my back I realize one thing.

This is a broken Familia.