nueve - nine

Spanish numbers for a change :D

Y/N's POV

I decided to stay. The Madrigal family needed me right now. Besides...I had told me family I wouldn't be back till dinner, so it's not like they would be missing me or anything. 

Mirabel was back to normal, there was a scar on her left arm, but other than that she was fine. Camilo on the other hand was a whole different story. Two beatings in one night, plus a hike up three thousand flights of stairs is not something you should try. 

The Arepas helped somewhat with the wounds, but we could tell the families gifts were faulting. 

I stayed by his side during lunch to give the family a break. I wasn't really in the mood for eating. Instead I sat by him, stroking his hand. 

He might not feel the same for me...but something about him sends shivers up my spine. Makes me fumble over my words. Blush the deepest color of red. Seeing him laying there in pain hurts me. All I want to do is hug him and tell him everything will be alright. I am afraid I might never get the chance to tell him how I feel.

I decide to read for a little bit..to pass the time. As much as I love Camilo, watching him groan and squirm in place gets hard...and a little boring. 

I scan over the words, trying to enter a better, happier world. He moans out, shifting into a baby, then me, then Mirabel, Alma, Pepa, then back to a baby. I sigh and get a wet cloth, putting it on his forehead. With the cool touch of the water, he shifts back into his body. His face a little more relaxed. 

He was in a mild coma, meaning he would probably wake when his body was sure it was fully healed. It was a long an painful process, considering the Arepas didn't necessarily work to their fullest. 

"Y/N?" Someone called from the doorway.

I turned to see Mirabel. She looked worried. Probably because of Camilo.

"Casita, it's...it's getting worse." She said, her hands twisting together.

And as if on Que, a crack went right under my feet, it was racing towards Camilo. We both ran towards him, I wrapped him in my arms and we ran. "What happened?" I yelled, trying to dodge pieces of flying stone.

"It started last night when she....hurt us." She yelled, it was getting harder to hear over the sounds of falling stone.

I nodded, it was time to focus. I needed to get out..but Camilo was weighing us down. "Casita! HELP!" I shouted, it came out more as a strangled cry.

Casita tried it's best but managed to only take us a few inches before the floor started breaking too much. there was a clear path from here to the doorway, I just needed to gather all my strength and run for it.

I ran, and ran, and right before I got to the door something impaled my leg. I stumbled and manged to role Camilo out of the house before falling on the floor. Mirabel grabbed me by the shoulders and tossed us both out of the house, seconds before Casita fell to the ground..a pile of ash and rubble. 

Camilo's POV

I opened my eyes just for me to shut them right back again. The sun was bearing down on my face. Why was I outside? Someone was crying into my poncho. I lifted my head a little bit. Why does it hurt so bad? I opened my eyes into a squint. "Y/N?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

The crying stopped and a very red-eyed Y/N looked up at me. She gave me a pitiful smile before hugging me. I sat there for a second but then decided she deserves a hug. I wrapped my arms around her waste and hugged her tight. At the moment I didn't want to let her go. She was my only support that didn't expect stuff from me, or was an annoying cousin.

"I missed you." She whispered into my neck.

we stayed in an embrace for a few more minutes before she let go and held out her hand. I don't know if I am up for standing up, but I take it anyway. I feel really sore and my legs don't want to move. I turn to find myself in front of Casita. Well...what used to be Casita. 

Now I am looking at a pile of rubble. "What happened?" I mange to whisper.

Mirabel walks over and hugs me. I hug her back. We sway a little bit, right now all I want to do is cry. But I can't. I am the life of the party. I need to work on making everyone else feel good right now. I let go of Mirabel and find my mami and Papi.

"Son!" Papi shouts.

The two embrace me in a very warm hug. I seem to be getting a lot of those today. I try to hold back my tears. Think of a good joke! What's a good joke?

"Um guys..." Mirabel says, breaking our hug. 

"BRUNO?!" I shout.

There he is in all his glory, rubbing the back of his neck. That little....