Sixteen

Camilo's POV

I was reading. Yes reading, you heard me right. Specifically I was reading, "Corny jokes to boost your party" 

Y/N had stayed in my room and fallen asleep when I had gone to get changed. I didn't really want to deal with my familia right now, so I decided to stay with her and have some me time. Yes, I actually value my own self time. Shocker. 

I flipped to the next page, smirking at the joke. These people! I should be taking notes. 

You may be awaiting my explanation on why I told Y/N she was pretty. Honestly, I wasn't thinking in that moment. And I mean, I was telling the truth, she really is pretty. I guess you could call it my gift to her for making me feel better. 

Dolores's POV

Obviously I heard every word. I mean, I wasn't trying to. On a normal occasion I would try and listen so I could tease them. But today I knew Camilo was dealing with the fact that he was basically controlled by a little green necklace. So I decided not to listen. But when a calm, not funny sounding Camilo is talking...you never know when your going to hear that again. Soooo here I am standing in front of his door waiting to confront whatever the two are doing. 

I take a breath, preparing for the worst, and open the door. Y/N is sleeping on Camilo's bed, while Milo is reading a corny joke book in a hanging chair in the corner, smirking at one of the pages. He looks up with a confused face when he sees me. 

It's only now that I realize I didn't exactly make and excuse for why I came barging in here. But I guess I don't have to because I woke up Y/N. Camilo shifts his attention to her and lifts one of his eyebrows. 

"Oh, I didn't realize I fell asleep...uh I should probably be getting back to my house." Y/N says, getting up and waving to Camilo before squeezing past me. 

Once the door closes I turn my big eyes towards Milo. I put one of my hands on my hip, waiting for him to explain. 

"What?" The idiot says.

He gets up and puts his book on his bookshelf and walks over to me. I'm now standing in front of myself. "I love you Camilo...you're the best brother ever!" He says in an annoying version of my voice.

I role my eyes and push him a little bit. He transforms back to himself. "What was Y/N doing taking a nap? Didn't she just get up from a two week sleep? Unless you two did something..." I say, realizing the possibility. 

He looks at me confused for a minute before his eyebrows shoot up and his eyes go wide. Ok..maybe I went a little far..

He goes to say something but I shush him...I really don't want to be talking to my little brother about that kind of stuff. I turn around and point to my ears. "I hear everything little bro." And then I leave, smirking to myself. 

Y/N's POV

I got up and left. Trust me, if I stayed any longer, I'm sure the conversation would go...elsewhere. I ran down the stairs and thanked Casita before running back to my place. 

Mama and Papa were sitting in the living room in silence. They do this whenever something bad happened. "I'm sorry for running away...there was something I needed to do." I tell them, startling the two and making them turn to me in alarm. 

"Y/N!" Mama exclaims. 

She runs over to me and envelopes me in a hug.  I smile and hug her back. I was never mad at them, I just needed some space after my realization. 

We had dinner for the first time in three weeks. I can't believe all this happened because of one overnight sleepover that turned into some quest to save a miracle...

Anyways, I feel like everything in my life is perfect. My family is together at the table, Camilo isn't weird around me, Casita is back to normal.

Nothing can go wrong. My life feels complete. 

I smile. Gosh I love Encanto. My home, life, and my future.