eleven

Y/N's POV

I wake up with a start. I sit up too fast, leading me to feel the wrath of my migraine. "What happened?" I groggily let out. 

"You lost too much blood. I...you're lucky you're alive.." Julieta says sadly. 

I look around. The Casita is still in ruins. The sun has gone down and it's still getting darker by the second. Most of the Madrigals are sitting around talking to each other while Alma...who has been kept away from everyone by Luisa, is walking towards a secluded spot surrounded by cacti. 

I try to find Camilo with my eyes but he isn't anywhere in sight. "Mirabel is waiting to talk to you."  Julieta says. 

I think she thought that's who I was looking for. I will take that. I'm not sure I want anyone thinking there is any attraction going on between  me and him. Well mostly me, I don't know if he even likes me as a friend. He seemed nice like any stranger would be towards a siblings friend. 

I got up. My leg was a little sore but Julieta is a skilled nurse with or without magical gifts. I find Mirabel who is sitting on a piece of rock that looks like it was once a wall. When she sees me her eyes light up. "Glad to see you're awake. We need to talk." She says. 

She looks very serious. What is it now?! Can I have five minutes to feel sorry for myself. Gosh this world really does a number on you.

Mirabel's POV

While Mami was helping Y/N, wrapping her bandages and trying to wake her, I decided to find Alma. I wanted to have a heart to heart, maybe end with a hug. But when I found her talking to Camilo I fallowed my instinct and hid. She did this weird thing with her hands while green mist appeared. It seemed to follow Milo's gaze. When she finished and walked away he seemed to stand there for what felt like forever. He never looked up or moved. But when He finally reset his gaze and looked towards the Casita, all I saw was anger. Pure, vile, anger. 

It wasn't the anger that comes with your favorite toy being broken by a sibling. No, it was anger at it's fullest. a deep hatred. Something so unlike Camilo that I barely recognized him. 

"Milo?" I asked, slowly coming from my hiding place. 

He winced at the name. He whipped his head around. His eyes had a greenish tint. But his eyes were ever changing so I wasn't sure if this was normal. he glared at me and took in every part of me. I felt judged. "What did Alma say to you?" I asked carefully. 

He shot me a death glare and headed towards the Casita. I had to tell Y/N.

I raced ahead of him and found her waking. I turned to see where Camilo was but he had disappeared, and Alma was walking back to the secluded spot. What was going on?

When Y/N was fully up she walked towards me. I sat on a rock that was probably once a wall. "Glad to see you're awake. We need to talk." I said.

She nodded before I told her everything I had seen. By the end we knew that something was up. And we were going to figure out what it was.