Three

Y/N's POV

❂❂❂

          I got ready once again to go to Casita. This time it was going to be a lot more nerve racking, considering there were no distractions for Camilo. He was going to talk to me no doubt about it. 

          I get dressed in a red dress. It's like family but I mean I need to look somewhat regal. 

          You know, I never told you my deal with Camilo other than the fact that i may or may not have a huge crush on him

          We used to be somewhat good friends. Always sliding jokes. But when I started developing feelings for him, it got weird. Almost as if he was weirded out by me. So we kept our distance and over time, we have practically become strangers. Sometimes I sit in my bed thinking about how stupid I was to look at him like that.

Camilo's POV

          I lie in my bed pondering what happened last night. Cracks in Casita? That can't be good. And there was another thing. It almost felt like Y/N had something to do with it. Speaking of Y/N, she's coming over to eat tonight. I don't know what her problem is with me.

          We used to be good friends, she used to laugh at my jokes. But she changed one summer, always looked at me weird and when I made a joke she just bit her lip and looked away. On thought...is she a cannibal? No...that...that doesn't make sense. I guess I will never find out the mystery of girls.  

Y/N's POV

          I am now standing in front of Casita. Am I nervous? NO I am NOT nervous, my heart is just doing back flips for the fun of it. I knock on the tough wood and it creeks open.  

I walk in and instantly a warm cloud of sweet smelling food wafts into my nose. I sniff it in and walk into the kitchen. 

          Juilieta is cooking some of her famous healing foods. I am not quite sure what she is cooking at the moment but it sure does smell good. 

          Arms wrap around me and twirl me around. Mirabel smiles and hugs me again. "Nice to see you to!" I say.

          We laugh and sit down at the table which has already been set. I greet the rest of the family, not including Camilo who is nowhere to be seen, before returning to talking with Mirabel. 

          We make plans for tonight in hushed whispers. Everyone probobly assumes we are girl talking. And Dolores, well she isn't trying to listen to us. She has learned her lesson not to do that. 

Everyone finally arrives. Well...once again, except for Camilo. Where IS that boy?

Camilo's POV

          I lay in my bed, humming to a coherent melody. The temperature drops. What's with Mami now? I check the time and startle. I should've been downstairs 10 minutes ago. 

          I rush down, combing my hair with my fingers. Whatever it's not like Y/N is a guest. Well..she is...but it's not like I need to look all regal for HER. 

          I jump into my seat, looking down. Mami pinches my arm. Why did I think it would be a good idea to sit next to her?

Y/N's POV

          Pepa is getting really angry. It get's very chilly and I instantly regret wearing a short sleeved dress. A racket comes from upstairs and a very delirious Camilo rushes in, sitting next to Pepa, earning himself a pinch. 

Classic Camilo, he probably fell asleep again. 

          Alma walks in. We all rise. I glance at Camilo, he seems...scared? He keeps his head down and his jaw set. What is wrong with him? "La familia Madrigals" Alma says. The family recites it after her.

Camilo only mumbles. I've never seen him like this.

We all sit down and begin to eat. 

"Mirabel, please go get the water for Alma." Julieta says.

I go with her. Better time to talk. 

          "So, when the clock strikes 10 we will go. That's when Alma usually falls asleep." Mirabel whispers, filling the glass up.

          Camilo stumbles into the kitchen. I take a breath in. Tonight is NOT about him. It's about saving the Casita so stop acting like an idiot. 

What is he doing though?

          He enters and looks around, finally grabbing a blue glass. He fills it up in the sink. "Uhh Camilo I was just about to bring the water in." Mirabel says, cocking her head to the side.

"No thank youuu." He sighs, chugging the water before filling it up again.

He seems almost drunk...

I know he wouldn't drink but I mean what else could it be?

           "Do you think it's the magic?" Mirabel whispers, we are both staring at him like idiots but he hasn't seemed to notice yet. There is definitely something wrong.

          I nod, we turn and leave. I go over to Alma and poor her some water but my shaking hands make me loose my grip and drop the dumb pitcher. It comes crashing to the ground spilling water ALL over the place. 

           I go to say something but I cower in fear. Camilo comes stumbling out of the kitchen just in time to witness this mess. He scrunches his brows together before shoving me out of the way. I fall on the ground, about to scream my head off at him but I come face to face with myself...

"CAMILO!!!!" Alma screams. 

          Camilo turns very shakily towards Alma. His hands quiver. He turns back into his normal hot self. Ugh what am I thinking?! Here Camilo is about to get killed because of me and all I can think about is how hot he is!

          "I-Uh" He fumbles over his words as Mirabel sighs and covers her face. It's like she's seen this happen before. 

"Up to your room. We will discuss this later." She says, her voice thundering above him.

He nods and goes up the stares. He looks sad but not mad. Like he knows something I don't. What is going on?

          He glances at me when he arrives at his door. A single tear slips down his cheek. I don't know how I could see it, maybe it was the light shining down on it. But it is enough to tell me something is not right, and I am going to figure out what it is.