Two

Camilo's POV

❂❂❂

          I watched her leave, she was an interesting fellow. I have seen her a few times hanging with my cousin Mirabel. She strikes me as an odd person but usually I just ignore it. But when I caught her pulling a painting away, now that was weird. 

She walks down the stares and towards the bathroom. Good. 

I turn to look at the painting. What was she doing with it? I pull it apart a little. Is that a hole? I will have to tell Alma about this. The Casita is hiding something...

Y/N's POV

          I stay in the bathroom for 5 minutes before creeping out. I find Camilo pacing near his door. I gulp and make my way up the stairs. He doesn't hear me because he is looking down and never once looks up. As I draw closer to Antonio's door I hear low mumbling. What is wrong with him? And why does he have to be so freaking cute?!

          I rush into the party that is being held inside the jungle-like room. I find Mirabel and explain what I saw. Effortlessly leaving out the scene with Camilo. 

          She nods and we head back out the door. I really hope Camilo has left. When we get out I see his door cracked open a little bit, he must be inside. We head downstairs and I hear something break. I turn and realize that I have been staring at Camilo's door for a long time. In the time since I started staring, Mirabel has managed to break part of Casita and cut herself! Wait...she didn't break Casita...Casita is breaking!

          A large crack divides the floor, spreading up towards the walls. We rush into the party, screaming for Alma. She looks anything but happy to see us. 

"Casita! She's cracking! The candle...it almost went out!" Mirabel cries.

         The party seems to freeze, the music stopped and every bird landing on the floor to stop their motion of flight. 

          Alma calmly exits, everyone else on her tale. When we get out, the cracks have disappeared. I glance at Mirabel who sighs and rubs her face. Trying to explain to Alma. 

I look towards Camilo's door. He is now standing outside, looking at Mirabel in confusion. He doesn't look at me once which makes me embarrassed for staring at him.

He shakes his head and goes back into his room, gripping his hair. Why is that so hot?!

Alma regains her composure and the party continues as normal. 

Mirabel is sitting alone under one of the beautiful arrays of flowers. 

"I thought for once, I could be of use." She sighs, as I come and sit beside her. 

"Hey, it's not your fault! I saw it too." I say.

She looks at me, taking this in. "Come by for dinner tomorrow night. I am allowed one guest per week. You will stay the night and we will save the miracle!" She whisper shouts. 

I want to laugh, I mean who just saves a miracle? But she is sad and I don't want to hurt her any more so I just nod and hold her hand.  

Maybe she is right. Maybe we WILL save the miracle. And maybe..just maybe..Camilo will be impressed.