Chapter 24|| Recreation

"It's not the destination, it's the journey

it's the journey."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
__________________

" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson__________________

2016, Murray Hill, New York

Age 22

The golden rays of the nine a.m sun, bathe the skin exposed by my black cropped tube top as Valencio and I await our friends' arrival. The trees in the surrounding woodlands oscillate in the wind, their leaves scattering on the road and past our heads. Valencio adjusts his sunglasses on the bridge of his nose while typing away on his phone. My feet tap against the paved road, annoyed groans escaping my lips every few seconds.-- Could they be on time at least once?

"Matteo isn't coming, he says his head hurts and to apologize to you," Valencio nonchalantly remarks.

"That's okay and Angela is the one to apologize to since she planned this outing,"

"It's to celebrate your birthday, so the apology is for you ultimately,"

Before I can respond, Miller's sheen blue car parks ahead of ours. The door flies open and Angela rushes over to hug me, her straw hat falling from her head. Miller picks it up with a sigh then tags Valencio. Angela turns around quickly, her waist-length passion twists hitting my arm.

"Road trip," She yells, jumping onto Miller's back. He squats and allows her to wrap her legs around his waist. She leans her head on his shoulder and he turns his head to kiss her.

"You wanna do that too?" Valencio squats and I jump onto his back.-- who am I to deny his offer? I kiss different spots on his neck, smirking when he shudders after I kiss a spot under his ear.

I look up to find Angela and Miller missing and their car moving back and forth. Valencio puts me down on the road and I walk to the side of the Jones' car to see Angela pressed against the hood and Miller in between her legs, their lips moving aimlessly with each other's.

"You two are romping on your car hood like teenagers, as though you don't bang every day. I want to start driving already, you already delayed us in the first place," I glare at the married couple. The two pull away from their makeout, and Angela turns her head to smirk at me, but my glare doesn't falter.