Chapter 21|| Heartfelt

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
— Dr Seuss
____________

⚠️⚠️⚠️Mature Content⚠️⚠️⚠️

2016, Murray Hill, New York

Age 21

Clutching the ice-cream cone tight as the sun melts away the cold treat and dirties my fingers, I kick the grass beneath my feet as my patience withers away. I sigh as a gentle breeze cools my face before licking the remnants of my chocolate dessert. My mind prepares to abandon the outing since it's been over an hour and Angela most likely chose Miller over me.-- stupid married people. Groaning loud enough to earn judgmental looks from passersby, I check the time once again before reaching for my side bag.

"Elliana," I whip my head to the side in search of the familiar voice and spot Valencio walking over to me. His attire is a black jacket, a white baggy graphic tee, tucked in a pair of black jeans accessorized with a dangling blue belt, blue sneakers, and a pair of sunglasses-- one word describes his appearance right now, scrumptious.

"Hey, Vale, I haven't seen you in a few days," I wave at him.

"Hi, Bambina, what are you doing here? Sorry, I was occupied with work recently, but I'm free now," he takes a seat next to me.

"Well, I got stood up by Mrs. Miller Jones, and it's great that you're free, I hope to see you more,"

"Matteo begged me to come here then left, fucking imbecille, I hope you're ready for how much you're gonna see my handsome face,"

"You're always so violent with him, it's better to call you l'idiota. I think he's nice,"

"Bambina, I don't like the sound of you calling other men nice," Valencio grabs my chin, bringing our faces to a distance that I can feel his breath, " I don't want to have to kill my best friend,"

My mind fails to form a response to his words as I can practically smell the peppermint in his breath. His hand moves from my chin to my cheek and a breath catches in my throat. I place my hands on his chest and push him away, turning to the other side to hide my blush.