Starlight

Taehyung's POV

'Please do call me next time you are in Seoul! My husband would be happy to host you, in fact, he will cook you a feast!' I giggled, proud to boast about his Jinnie. I could almost hear Jimin tease, parading your trophy much. Not like we could do this in Korea, so I take up every chance to boast about my little wonder, all mine.

My smile faded, is he really though? We had been fighting for over a month now. Ever since the last big fight, I was practically living out of my own room. He was a stubborn jerk, on the days my back hurt sleeping on the stiff mattress in the guest room, I crashed on the couch. He would hesitate and hover around me, but never blipped a word. So I maintained my silence as well, still, miles away, ignoring his chatroom, calls, and even audio. It started out as an ego game, but when this dragged into another huge fight just before I left. Now it was my blatant cowardice, after running away that night.

'Where are you guys going tonight?' Jungkook simply put it. Even though he was riding home with me.

'Nowhere' i looked out the window. I knew what he meant. Usually, after a fight, I would cling to Jin. Plan a date. Which was often. And more so when I had to leave. That was on Monday. I had a day to smooth things out. Maybe I should plan a dinner or a day out tomorrow. Jin was right, make-up sex was good. Maybe even after getting married. But no! Shut it Taehyung! Control! Breathe!

'Nowhere?!' disbelief in his voice. 'You will leave without patching things up?!' to scold me. I continued to watch the night lights, breathing through my thoughts, to control my desires.

'Are you so mad that he was playing with me?' his voice grew softer. Blaming himself. 'Don't be mad at him. You can scold me for annoying him.' Poor thing. Always protecting his Jin Hyung. What about me? I bet Jin and I could divide Jimin and Jungkook, in case of a spat. I miss you Jimin-ah!

'I am not mad.' i sighed. 'at least not at you.'

'Hyung can be quite stubborn. Can you not apologize to him first this time?' I am always apologising first! But he was right, maybe I should talk to Jin. But I had to soothe this guy before he breaks out in tears. I could see he had something else on his mind. Jimin had also parked himself in Busa for almost a week now. I wonder what happened between the two.
'It doesn't affect him anymore, Kook, you saw him joking around. Our fights are like reflexes now.' i smiled at his sulking figure.

'Jin Hyung, I can't do this anymore. Jimin is testing me now.' Jungkook whined. Jin had been genuinely delighted to have him for dinner and was in his civil husband attitude. Cooking, chatting and laughing but not with me. Jungkook on the other hand was relatively quiet. Barely ate his food and sighed every few minutes. Tired of his sulking behavior, Jin kept coaxing him to talk. He must have waited for me to leave the room. But I could hear him, here. In the open kitchen, cleaning the intentionally loud mess Jin had left. Jungkook would have helped him usually, but I figured he had something bothering him. And that would spite Jin even more.

'Why can't we just stay as we are? Why the interrogation?' from the corner of my eye i could see Jungkook kick the air. While Jin placed a hand on his arm, to pacify him.
'What did he ask you? Tell me, Kook-ah' Jin insisted, gripping at his arm. Jungkook sighed, relaxing automatically.

'He has been digging up my past lately. Insisting I tell him every single detail.' He paused. 'You don't know, but V-Hyung does. I am not proud of my dating life. Everything-' his voice broke, ashamed of his past. Dramatic, explosive, sketchy, and painful, that is Jungkook's journey. Until he committed to Jimin. And I knew of this because I resisted his attempt to date Jimin. Trying to protect him. All the other members were in denial, including Jin. Even now, the way he kept frowning. His imagination falls short of what the baby can do. 'Everything in my past will only cause him pain. And I am simply trying to protect what we have!' agitated, 'But No! He wants to know everything! Who, when, how, why!' voice thick. I can tell even with my back turned that he was crying. 'Now he won't answer my calls! He just left! In fact, he said the future of our relationship depends on this! That he cannot trust if I don't tell! What the fuck do I do now?! Forget everything, I don't want to tell him anything!