Covetous?

The next day in the studio was a total nightmare. Since they had rehearsals today, his morning started with the staff complaining about Jin's absence, even though the members were managing fine without him for the last two days. And then there was Namjoon, every time he came into view, a flood of questions blanked him out. They were to spend five hours in the same rehearsal room, making it very difficult for him. 

Honestly, he was mad at Jin, for being so negligent with his health. That was besides the fact that he was hiding something and Taehyung would confront him on that, but later. Even when he woke up for the tenth time last night, the color of his face was the same, pale. But the man had relaxed from his curled-up state and was sound asleep. That should have relaxed him, but he just couldn't sleep. And he was paying the price now, as he kept missing the beat, much to Hoseok's annoyance. His mind was back at the apartment, to last night, to the worn-out state of his boyfriend. The image of him in the washroom was imprinted, flashing every few minutes, what if he goes through it again today? He had left Baek-shi with instructions and his mother was visiting him tonight. But that was not relaxing him. 

'Taehyung-ah, practice separately!' their choreographer barked. He nodded and went into a corner with his assistant. Not much came from there either, the assistant gave up and called for a break. 

'Hyung, how is he? Is he alone?' Jungkook's voice traveled to him but nothing registered. He looked up with a deep scowl at the boy towering over him.  

'I asked, how Jin hyung is? I tried calling him in the afternoon, but he didn't answer my call.' Jungkook repeated, leaning on the mirror next to him with his bottle of water. 

'Yeah, he must have been asleep. He hasn't replied to any of my calls either. Dr. Park said it was flu but Jin being Jin will never ask for help.' Taehyung sighed. Jungkook nodded with a smile, knowing how his oldest brother tries to withstand even an injury. 'Hopefully, medications will force him to rest.' the youngest watched his brother shut his eyes and sigh heavily. 'Jungkook-ah, I was shit scared last night.'  

'I can understand.' Jungkook held his brother's hand, his voice was soft and his gaze was on Jimin, contemplating the choreography with complete focus. His own boyfriend's health always made him anxious, he was always on edge. He understood very well what it meant to see the one you love in pain, the number of times he had rushed his beloved to a hospital in the middle of the night. He sighed and focussed back on Taehyung, who was staring back into oblivion. 'Don't worry, Jin Hyung will kick the flu away, he hates being sick.' Taehyung forced a smile, knowing the bond between the three of them. 'Should I stay over tonight? I'll bring dinner. Jimin will stay with Hobi Hyung and Yoongi Hyung.' he smiled wider, showing his brilliant teeth excited about the idea. For a moment, Taehyung wondered, does Jungkook know what Jin is hiding? maybe he will also know about Namjoon. Or about Jin's desperate drinking. But then the look of innocence in his younger brother's eyes shook him out of considering the possibility. 

'No no.' he smiled back, shaking his head. 'I myself won't be staying over tonight.' he pursed his lips, hating the idea. But Jin's groggy request in the dawn kept him bound from complaining.

'Huh? He will stay alone?' Jungkook asked, reflecting his own emotions in minuscule.

'Yeah. He claims the flu has to stop with him. No spreading.' Taehyung chuckled, playing with Jungkook's hand. 

'Ahh!' he nodded. 'I see.' 

'Plus, I have a recording tomorrow. He will never forgive himself if I catch it and miss another day of recording.' Taehyung explained, convincing himself more than the others.  Hoseok's voice echoed calling for another rehearsal.

Later in the day, it felt so strange, when he walked into his own apartment just a few streets away from Jin's. There were barely two or three nights in a month that this house of his was used. That too is always with Jin. In fact, his own housekeeper was surprised to hear from him. Initially, he thought this peace of mind would help him and push away all the doubts to reinforce their relationship. But now that he was alone, his thoughts and doubts amplified and played in a constant loop like a broken record. He tried Netflix, spoke with Jin for a few minutes, read a book, drank wine, smoked a vape, played soothing records, spoke with Jimin, and worked on his songs a little but nothing let him sleep. The questions were distracting. He pushed the blanket away and jumped out of the bed. Very exhausted from staying awake two nights in a row. It was not helping that he was very alert, because Jin was not in his sight, unlike last night.