𝟙𝟙

"So, what are we gonna do now?"

Akira asked as soon as we left the construction company.

"This whole story is a big mess."

I sighed. I knew this would not end up well.

"If only we had more time, we would be able to do something."

I shrugged as we kept on walking. Three days. Three days until the fight with Toman and we managed to get tangled up in this.

"Akira, it's better if we don't get involved at all."

My eyes were fixated on the floor. I was the one who initiated this and now I'm gonna give up. Deep inside, I knew this isn't right. But, there are no other options. We will just do what we were supposed to do from the beginning.

"Huh?! We can't just sit here and do nothing!"

He stopped in his tracks. I knew he won't take this easily and lightly.

"Look, here's the deal, under every circumstance, we need to win against Toman."

I replied.

"If Kisaki is really that dangerous, I would rather not get involved with him."

I continued. If what Osanai said is true, this is our best and safest option.

"You're right, but-"

"We already have a conflict with Komada... Hell, they can attack us at any moment!"

I interrupted and yelled out from frustration. I expected all of this to go smoothly, but I was wrong. At first, everything seemed easy. We were going to cooperate with Valhalla and defeat Toman together. Afterwards, everyone would go their separate ways. Easy and simple, right? But now, we found out that Baji is a spy for Toman without them even knowing. Hanma is a puppet to an extremely dangerous guy named Kisaki and Kazutora is just a fucking psycho ready to kill another person, which would result in him rotting in jail once again. We also can't forget that my identity was exposed to Kazutora. The right words for this whole situation would shortly be: a whole mess. That is why I have decided that we'll just get the fight done, help Valhalla merge with Toman, then bye-bye. I couldn't care less what happens with them afterwards, as long as our gang isn't affected by any problems. I can't just risk everyones-

"Hold on, someone's calling me."

I tapped Akiras shoulder for him to stop walking. I sighed as I noticed it was an unknown number that was calling me.

"Hello?"

Nervousness could be heard from my voice. My anxiety got the best of me every time I got a call from someone, especially an unknown number.

"What's wrong, Mizuchi? Nervous?"

A familiar voice was heard from the other side. I got shivers when I realised whose voice it belonged to.

"I didn't expect a call, particularly not from you."

I noticed a nearby bench and decided to take a seat.

"No need to be nervous, I just wanna talk."

He chuckled evilly.

"What is it...Baji?"

Akira widened his eyes as soon as he realised who was calling me.

"Meet me at Valhallas hideout in an hour."

✄----------------------------------------------------«

I opened the door to Valhallas hideout. To my surprise, there were no people inside. It was completely dark and quiet. I felt chills throughout my entire body when I suddenly heard a noise. I stretched my eyes as wide as possible but I could barely see a figure in the distance.

"I didn't actually expect to see you here."

Bajis deep voice filled the room. He turned the lights on and I saw him sitting on a platform in the middle.

"Let's just get this over with, I have more important things to do rather than chat here with you."

My approaching footsteps echoed due to quietness.

"I have a favor to ask from you."

He said in a serious tone.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

I mockingly replied.

"Kazutora told me you two were close..."

I gulped and internally prayed that was the only thing he told Baji about me.

"I...If something happens to me in 3 days...I want you to watch over Kazutora."

I snorted but then realised he was actually being serious.

"Why are you being so pessimistic?"

I crossed my arms.

"Listen, if I'm gone, Kazutora is going to sink into darkness. You are the person closest to a friend to him, besides me...So please, don't let anything happen to him."

His eyes got teary but he quickly turned his back on me.

"Alright, but...What are you planning to do, if you're acting like this?"

"That is none of your business."

"I asked you nicely, asshole."

I rolled my eyes at Baji's sudden attitude.

"I told you what the only thing you need to know is - take care of Kazutora if something happens to me."

✄----------------------------------------------------«

It's Christmas today, so Merry Christmas to everyone who's celebrating! This is a little gift from me to you:)