𝟚𝟛

Kazutora was holding your hand the entire time the two of you were running away from Bonten, who raided your building. You were speeding down emergency stairs, with Kazutora right behind you.

"So, are you going to tell me why the fuck is Bonten here, or you're just going to be silent?!"

He whisper-yelled so no one but you could hear him. You felt disappointed in yourself, now that you are in the position where you are supposed to tell him the real truth.

"I suppose you aren't aware of the current situation. We are in no position to chit-chat right now."

You kept your gaze forwards and decided to just avoid that question for as long as it takes. When the two of you finally stepped down and started running away from the building, an idea suddenly occurred in your mind. You took out your phone and urgently dialed a number. Kazutora raised his eyebrows as you were running and phoning at the same time.

"Multitasking."

You threw a small smile at him.

"May I know who you were calling?"

The only thing he managed to hear was that someone offered a safe house for the two of you, who were on the run.

"Watanabe. We need to get to a safe house immediately."

Right after you said that, Kazutora got startled seeing you casually break into someone's car. You quickly managed to connect the wires and got the car started. He sighed seeing you signaling him to come inside.

"Don't give me that look. If there was a less illegal way, I would've done it."

You glanced in all directions, making sure no one would follow you. You quickly drove off and took a different route which consisted of just driving through some alleys and a bunch of streets rather than driving through the main road, where you would be spotted immediately. Kazutora was a bit taken aback by how careful yet fast you were driving. The car didn't even have a single scratch on it.

"I can't believe this is how our first date went."

Kazutora broke the silence and earned a chuckle from you.

"I'd say we actually got pretty lucky."

You shrugged and he nodded in agreement. It got a bit silent again and Kazutora spoke up again.

"So, when are you going to tell me the reason for all of this?"

He pointed his finger at the back and you sighed hearing his question, even though you knew it was coming.

"It's a really long story, Kazu-"

You avoided it once again yet he interrupted you.

"I've got plenty of time."

He crossed his arms and came out a bit too blunt. A lot of questions were filling up your mind. Is he going to hate you after this? In fact, you lied to him. Throughout all these years he never knew the real truth. Is he going to feel disappointed in you? Probably, that was inevitable. But, you didn't want to lose him now. He meant so much to you, even though you never expected that to happen. He got better and thought you did too, but it wasn't the case.

"We're here."

You opened the car door as you got to the safe house Watanabe provided for you. It was quite literally in the middle of nowhere; in the woods. It was a small house and it seemed even smaller as you came inside. There was a small kitchen and a table with two chairs on one side of the room, and on the other was the bed. It included a small bathroom and that was practically it. You took a seat on the bed and so did Kazutora.

"Talk to me, Y/N."

You hated the way he made you feel whenever he said your name.

"I fucked up..."

You paused for a moment when you felt his hand on your thigh. He tried reassuring you.

"Remember what I told you a few years ago, that I left Black Mamba?"

He nodded hearing the question.

"I never actually left...I made Watanabe the leader, but actually, I was the one controlling everything behind the scenes. The two of us are the only people who know that, but I guess Bonten somehow found out..."

A thought crossed your mind as you were saying those words. You brushed it away, thinking how Watanabe would never do something like that.

"So you did something like Valhalla?"

He asked and you nodded.

"Y/N, why did you lie to me? Yes, I'd be worried sick, but-"

"That is exactly why! I just didn't want you to worry."

You sighed and he came closer to you.

"I don't care if you're a gang leader or whatsoever, I only want you to be honest with me..."

Your heart broke seeing him disappointed in you.

"You don't have to change because of me. If that is what you want to do, then do it, but at least be safe and take care of yourself."

He said as you gently grabbed his left hand and interlocked fingers with him.

"I'm sorry."

You apologized and Kazutora held your hand tightly.

"For now, let's figure out how to get out of this situation."

Just as he said those words, engine sounds were heard in the near distance. Both of you exchanged eye contact and quickly got up from the bed, looking around the windows.

"Who else knows about this?"

He asked.

"Only Watanabe..."

Those thoughts crossed your mind once again, but this time you couldn't just brush them off.

"This can only mean two things, either that Bonten followed us here or Watanabe ratted us out."

The more you thought about the second option, the more sense it made. But, you didn't want to admit it to yourself. Watanabe had stuck with you throughout all those years, so what happened to him?

"Y/N, I found something!"

You heard Kazutora's voice on the other side of the room.

"Is that a secret passage?"

The two of you bent down to take a closer look at what Kazutora found out.

"Let's go."

He urgently grabbed your hand as engine sounds were approaching closer and closer.