𝟘𝟝

"Kazutora!"

I waved at Kazutora's direction as I noticed him in the hallway.

"Oh, hi, Y/N!"

Kazutora smiled and waved back at me. He soon made his way towards me.

"You better hurry up, the class is starting soon."

He pointed at the clock on the wall.

"What about you?"

I leaned against the wall and glanced at him.

"I have some things I need to take care of."

He crossed his arms and glanced back. I chuckled at his words.

"More important than attending class?"

I fixed my glasses.

"Maybe."

He smirked and was about to say something but paused for a moment.

"Wait, I have an idea."

I raised my eyebrows in curiosity.

"Say it."

We made eye contact. He hesitated for a moment before speaking up and coming closer to me.

"Wanna skip school with me?"

Kazutora whispered in my ear and I frowned.

"Are you being serious right now?"

I laughed and he nodded.

"I'm treating you to a shake, c'mon."

His mouth formed a smile. I figured out this might be a good chance to get closer to him, which could lead to Black Mamba cooperating with Valhalla.

"Since you said you're treating, I can't refuse."

I forced a smile.

"Great"

✄----------------------------------------------------«

"So, how did you end up in juvie?"

I asked as we sat down. Even though I knew the whole story I still wanted to see his reaction and hear his side of the story.

"Uhhh..."

I noticed his expression changing from a happy one to a numb one.

"Sorry, this must be a heavy topic for you... I shouldn't have asked."

I put my smoothie aside.

"No, no, it's fine. I can't avoid this question forever."

Kazutora forced a smile and scratched his head.

"I killed someone."

I pretended to be shocked.

"But, I guess you already know that."

Kazutora whispered as he came closer to me. My brain froze at that moment and words couldn't escape my mouth.
Thousands of possible scenarios ran through my head in just a few seconds until Kazutora spoke up again. I mentally told myself to stop overthinking and that he probably thinks I've heard it on the news or somewhere else.

"Did you seriously think I wouldn't know who you actually are?"

Kazutora laughed and I still kept quiet. At that moment realisation hit me.I was shocked. How the hell did he know?

"What?"

I whispered as my brain still couldn't comprehend what I just heard. If he truly knew my real identity, I would be screwed.

"Curious how I found out? It really wasn't that hard as that fool just kept on talking."

He smiled and I slammed my fists on the table, gaining attention of many customers inside.

"Who?"

I decided to rather whisper.

"Your most trusted person."

I widened my eyes at his words. Thinking about it again, I didn't even notice Akira was absent from school today due to our fight.

"What did you do to Akira?"

I calmly spoke up. I couldn't let him know I was mad.

"Oh, don't worry, I didn't even have to punch him, he spoke up by himself."

I felt my heart sinking. If what he said was true, Akira truly messed it up.

"Maybe you should think about who you consider your best friend."

Kazutora shrugged and smirked.

"So, what do you want from me?"

I sighed and removed hair from my face.

"Help Valhalla destroy Toman."

It was just what I had expected.

"How can I know you won't betray us?"

I leaned closer.

"Darling, it's not Valhalla who you should be worried about."

He chuckled.

"After we destroy Toman, everyone goes their separate ways, this is how we work."

Silence filled the room as I was thinking of every worst possible scenario. This was originally my idea but to think he was already one step ahead? I would never expect that, especially the person who told him who I actually am.

"If you're worried about your identity, don't worry, I'm the only one who knows."

He spoke up again and this time sounded genuine.

"Fine, we'll help you."

I hesitated for a second and decided to still give it a shot, considering I had no other choice due to him knowing my identity.

"Nice, looks like we will cooperate nicely."

He smiled and offered me a hand to shake.

"Tomorrow at 8pm, there is an abandoned arcade near the bicycle shop. I expect to see you with no more than two people."

Was all Kazutora said before leaving the coffee shop.