𝟚𝟙

You sucked on a breath every time you would take a glance at Kazutora. The two of you had lunch together at a local restaurant after not seeing each other for a year. Of course, the atmosphere was still a bit tense, especially after a sudden kiss.

His hair was much longer and had two streaks dyed blonde, he definitely got taller and no longer had his teenage appearance, which was more noticeable now. His eyes caught yours and he looked away for a second. He then looked back at you smiling.

"I'm sorry, for earlier, if I made you uncomfortable..."

He scratched his head and you shook your head.

"No, no, it's fine."

You gave him a smile of reassurement. No words could describe how he felt every time your lips formed a smile he loved so much.

"So, how long have you been working at Chifuyu's?"

At that moment the food arrived and you managed to pay for it.

"It's been 6 months."

You raised your eyebrows and got shocked by how much time has passed. It pained you to even think about how hard it must've been for him, but it seemed that he got adapted to a new lifestyle.

"If it weren't for Chifuyu I wouldn't have gotten this far."

Kazutora continued and told you everything from the start; how Chifuyu picked him up from the prison and offered him a job and a place to stay, something difficult to get especially when you're a former inmate.

"Enough about me, what about you?"

You got a bit taken aback by the question and carefully thought about what to tell him.

"Well, I've been working at a hospital and even though it's a bit exhausting, I actually like it."

He gave you a small smile and it was obvious he was really happy for you.

"You know, I was dead worried when you sent me that letter...I just wanna know, is everything okay?"

You took a deep breath and kept quiet for a few seconds. It was a sensitive topic for you but he needed to know what happened. He needed to know the story about how your best friend, Akira, died last year. You told him everything; how Akira lost contact with you ever since you appointed Watanabe as a leader and suddenly got killed.

"Do you know who did it?"

He looked concerned and you carefully thought about whether mentioning the person responsible would be a trigger for Kazutora.

"It was Bonten."

You looked anywhere but at him.

"Mikey?"

He whispered and you nodded.

"When I just came out of prison, the first person I asked Chifuyu about was Mikey. I never expected him to end up his way, especially since he was always saying he wants to create a new era for delinquents."

He paused and sighed.

"Mikey is beyond help."

You spoke up and took a sip of your drink.

"There's nothing you can do. It's way too dangerous since Bonten is practically ruling Tokyo."

He nodded in agreement hearing your words.

"Well, enough about depressing things, shall we finally eat?"

Both of you chuckled lightly realizing your food probably got cold by how long the two of you were talking.

✄-------------------------------------------------------------------------«

You took a quick glance at your phone, noticing it was 6pm already. You and Kazutora decided to take a walk near the river after lunch. It was a comfortable silence, quick talks here and there and a few glances from time to time. You felt glad that you had someone with whom you could spend your free time like that.

"Hey, are you free tomorrow evening?"

Kazutora broke the silence and exchanged eye contact with you.

"Yeah, why?"

You replied and noticed him shyly smiling but covering it up with his hand.

"There's going to be a festival by the beach, with food stalls, a ferris wheel and all those things."

A smile appeared on your face and Kazutora started blushing a little bit.

"Kazutora Hanemiya, are you calling me on a date?"

You smirked and his eyebrows rose in surprise, hearing you call him by his full name. The two of you were walking the entire time but now you had stopped in your tracks.

"Maybe."

A smirk appeared on his face as well when he moved closer to you, both of your faces only inches away, as you could feel his breath on your lips.

"We can go somewhere else if you want to."

His voice was really soft in regards to his appearance. You realized he changed so much, yet somehow stayed the same. He was just a broken kid throughout his entire childhood, and was now finally able to live his life to the fullest.

"Let's just go to the festival."

He smiled hearing your words and moved away from you. The two of you continued walking around.

"Then it's settled!"

Kazutora happily exclaimed and paused for a second.

"But, I guess I'll have to hold your hand then, in case you get lost."

You almost burst out laughing hearing his pick up line but he was proud of it as he was smiling widely and managed to smirk in your direction afterwards.