10.1 - luke

10.1 - luke

Jack sat on the closed toilet seat, softly strumming on an acoustic guitar. Calum was on the floor, his knees bent and eyes closed. 

Luke didn’t know why his guitarist and manager were watching him cry and eat frozen yogurt, but they were. They thought they were being good friends, but they were just making Luke uncomfortable. 

He twirled his spoon around the plastic cup that held his melted froyo, it was now just yogurt with sprinkles and that slightly disappointment him. His knobby knees were sticking up from the bubbles in his bath as he had a frown etched upon his dry face. “What am I supposed to do now?” He finally asked. 

Calum sighed, “As a friend, I think you should keep the baby. But, as your manger, I—I don’t think you should.” He wiped his tan hands over his face, he hasn’t slept in a week and it’s definitely hitting him. 

Jack’s skunk hair was flat against his head. Luke was even more uncomfortable as he realized he’s slept with both men in the room. This was just his lifestyle, it was all fun and games, no one was getting hurt. Now there’s a fetus growing inside of him and all he feels is pain. 

“Keep it, you make cute babies,” Jack said, still strumming a soft melody line.

Luke let out a soft chuckle before going back to his frown. “I think I want to, but, like, what if my soulmate doesn’t like babies.”

“Then they’re going to need to learn to love babies,” Cal answered. He stretched out his foot, pushing the container of Oreos closer to him and taking a few before passing it to Jack. “I don’t think the label will drop you, they’ll respect if you want to take a break to raise it for a while. Just, please, stop crying and get out of the bath. It’s been four hours.”

Luke pouted as he put his melted dessert on the side of the bathtub. He found the drain and pulled it. His entire body was crinkly from sitting in the water for so long. He looked down at his tattoos, he just wanted to find his stupid soulmate already. He needed that soulmate at times like this. “Am I a w.hore?”

“No.” Jack finally put down the guitar, handing Luke a towel. “Don’t ever think about yourself like that.”

“Don’t let people label you. There’s nothing wrong with liking sex,” Cal added. He left the room to grab some clothes, coming back with big sweats and a crewneck. 

“Everyone is calling me that and other names,” he admitted, drying off his legs. 

“Ignore them, you know exactly what you are. You are beautiful, you are intelligent, you are amazing at everything you do,” Jack said. 

“Your fanbase love you, your family loves you, we love you. People are allowed to hate you, don’t worry about making them love you. They’ll come around, just not right now,” Calum added. He held another towel, drying Luke’s blonde hair. 

“I feel awful, and stupid, and filthy.” After a four hour bath, he still felt disgusting. 

Jack stood up, placing his arms around Luke’s shoulders, “Wherever your soulmate is, I assure you, they think nothing less of you just because you have a little belly swelling up. You’ll find him soon.”

(a/n) this is kind of a short chapter, but i think it's important. it shows the way luke has been coping with being alone is much different than michael. luke has always been pampered, so being alone is something new to him.